• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Trying to find our common denominator

Well what the hell, just for the lulz- bounced around a lot when I was a kid, but never ate that much spice I guess. Started liking hot sauces in my teens, regular crap like Tabasco, Durkee, ate sliced jalapenos on nachos, etc.

Later on, actually just after I had turned eighteen, was visiting some friends in South Dakota and yada yada yada ended up staying for a little while longer than I planned. Ended up in a medium security facility half way through my time there, came time to choose a vocational pursuit, and I chose to get into the horticulture program. Not with the best intentions, I was kind of a yahoo after all. Anyway, ended up getting put in a greenhouse... and by some chance, my job was to grow the peppers. Everything from bells to habs.

And so a love affair with peppers and spicy food was born... and I even stopped being a yahoo! Mostly everything I ever learned about growing peppers I learned in prison. Thanks Al Gibson! :beer:

Well what the hell, just for the lulz- bounced around a lot when I was a kid, but never ate that much spice I guess. Started liking hot sauces in my teens, regular crap like Tabasco, Durkee, ate sliced jalapenos on nachos, etc.

Later on, actually just after I had turned eighteen, was visiting some friends in South Dakota and yada yada yada ended up staying for a little while longer than I planned. Ended up in a medium security facility half way through my time there, came time to choose a vocational pursuit, and I chose to get into the horticulture program. Not with the best intentions, I was kind of a yahoo after all. Anyway, ended up getting put in a greenhouse... and by some chance, my job was to grow the peppers. Everything from bells to habs.

And so a love affair with peppers and spicy food was born... and I even stopped being a yahoo! Mostly everything I ever learned about growing peppers I learned in prison. Thanks Al Gibson! :beer:

Now that's a story! And a good one too Boutros!

Gardening is supposed to be very therapeutic, and it's good to hear that you learned something worthwhile during your extended stay in SD. ;) :cool:

dvg

Being raised on South Louisiana food I always expected some heat, food didn't taste right unless there was cayenne
in it. I discovered different and hotter chilli's while cooking Chile in cook-offs, then I found habanero's in the late
80's or early 90's, it has been a helluva roller coaster ride since then!

Mine would have to be about 8 years or so ago when i fond a bottle of daves at work. It was chili night so i made myself a bowl to take home and put almost half a bottle of it on a 12 oz chilli bowl i had no idea what daves insanity was. Boy was i in for a treat when i got home that night and ate that bowl and the next morning when #2 said hello.

Back