• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

tsurrie's 2019 glog

So I started again. A little later than usual (used to do it around january 25th) but still early enough I think.

sowing02022019.jpg

Thought I tried if some of the older stock is still viable. I'll see how they'll do.
And some of them are from the last season, just to be sure.

Annums:
  Kurtovska Kapija
  Alpina (yellow bell pepper)
  Sulu Adana (rghm1u20)
  Goatsweed (Hogleg)
  Farmers Market Jalapeno
  Jalapeno Hercules

Pubescens:
  Rocoto

Chinense:
  Yellow Douglah (Hogleg)
  Aji Umba
  Chupetinho
  Dorset Naga
  Caribbean Red Habanero (rghm1u20)
  Caribbean Red Habanero (from my old stock)
  Jamaiquinho (rghm1u20)
  Habanero White
  MOA Scotch Bonnet
  Habanero Golden
  Habanero Maya Red (Nulle)
  Habanero Cappucino (Nulle)

Crosses:
  Tepin x Lemon drop (rghm1u20)
  Fidalgo Roxa X Grao de Bode (rghm1u20)
  Madame Jeanette x Goronong

Devv said:
Hey Uros,

Been in the IT business, just left it. The time away from the screen, living, is a bonus. Enjoy that time buddy! Before you know it your Grand Daughter "drives" her car to come and see you. Now I'm old...

Hey Scott. That's why I'm trying to get in touch with the nature as much as I can. Luckily we are in a small town and I'm in the woods in 10 minutes if I need the air. But the other thing is, I'm drawn to the computer stuff so I don't mind it much.
The kids grow fast, I know that. But in between we forget we're getting older too :) That's what happens if you're too busy all the time.

How are you doing Scott, enjoying some extra free time ?

tsurrie said:

Hey Scott. That's why I'm trying to get in touch with the nature as much as I can. Luckily we are in a small town and I'm in the woods in 10 minutes if I need the air. But the other thing is, I'm drawn to the computer stuff so I don't mind it much.
The kids grow fast, I know that. But in between we forget we're getting older too :) That's what happens if you're too busy all the time.

How are you doing Scott, enjoying some extra free time ?
I'm doing well thanks!

Just trying to get used to not having a job to go too. About 33 days into it and have been busy as heck playing catch-up around here. I think after the holidays have passed we should be able to find a routine. I wish I could have done this at 40..LOL...

To end this season and before starting the 2020 one, I decided to make a sauce based on a butternut pumpkin instead of tomato, which was kind of a standard for me.
It ended up well, I like the taste and I think I'm going to use some of that pumpkins again.

Ingredients: Chocolate Habaneros and few Aji Umbas, butter nut pumpkin, home apple vinegar, olive oil, onion, cane sugar, salt, rosemary and basil

01sauce20012020.jpg

02sauce20012020.jpg

Also started to make some home brewed beer with my brother in law. The first batch was ready for trial this weekend and we all liked it.
Also bottled the second batch and cooked the third one :dance:

beer20012020.jpg

Off to go plan what I'll sow in the coming days.... cheers!

Beautiful sauce, Uros! Interesting base.

And a nice head on that beer, as well
as a nice color. Good work.

PaulG said:
Beautiful sauce, Uros! Interesting base.

And a nice head on that beer, as well
as a nice color. Good work.
Thank you Paul :)

It's interesting how we always have enough pumpkins laying around and only now I see I can use them in many ways. :)

The beer is quite good for a newbie brewer. We grained the ingredients on the spot, so there is no extracts present.
We did it the right way, I guess... graining, mashing, adding hops, cooling it, adding yeast and waiting it out to ferment and bottle it after two weeks :) I really like the taste.
The next two batches will be different, but cant wait to try and learn a few more things about the process.

Nice hot sauce man, i need to try this one one time! 

Also, homemade beers are awesome..keep on brewing! A frend of mine once made it, and it was delicious, but you need to drink it in short time or they go bad..

Petrac said:
Nice hot sauce man, i need to try this one one time! 

Also, homemade beers are awesome..keep on brewing! A frend of mine once made it, and it was delicious, but you need to drink it in short time or they go bad..
Thanks man :)
Just try it, it's a good way to keep the heat for a winter...or for a few winters (I still am using sauces from 2016 - they don't go bad for up to 5 years for sure - if properly bottled)

I don't know about them beers going bad and it certainly won't be a problem around here for sure :)
:cheers:

Back