• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

tsurrie's 2021 glog

Hey all. First of all, I wish everyone a good grow this season! :cheers:
Off to another season, almost too late, but still on time :)

Today I started this year's pepper journey, not so big, but it'll keep me warm.

plantedpots2021.jpg

seedsfor2021.jpg

plantedwritten2021.jpg

So I tried a few from an old stock and some from the latter seasons. Will see what will sprout. I guess the new ones will, no doubt.
The nurseries are stocked way better than a few years back around here, so I guess the chili fever has spread and I can expect some interesting seedlings to pick from later on in the spring, if I have problems with my own.

tsurrie said:
The nurseries are stocked way better than a few years back around here, so I guess the chili fever has spread and I can expect some interesting seedlings to pick from later on in the spring, if I have problems with my own.
Good to hear that your access
to all things Chili is looking up!

Good luck this season, Uros!

ahayastani said:
Best of luck :)
Thank you.

PaulG said:
Good to hear that your access
to all things Chili is looking up!

Good luck this season, Uros!
Thank you Paul. They really surprised me last year with the amount of different species. They really upped their game in the last few years. Nice to see some real labels on pots not just "red hot peppers" or "little colorful curly peppers" :rofl:

Alright, off to the races, Uros! And a great 
variety, as well!

Mold shouldn't be too much of a problem.
I just scrape it off, and if it doesn't't go
away a little fungicide.

Did some transplanting yesterday evening, 5 pots each variety.
JA Red Habanero, Habanero Chocolate and Aji Umba. Only one variety of Scotch Bonnet MoA sprouted on time, so I only have one pot of this one. Still hoping for some more sprouts.

I transplanted more of Kurtovska kapija, because we like and use it a lot, so this one went into 10 pots.

sprouts07032021.jpg

transplants07032021.jpg

Let's keep fingers crossed they'll grow big and healthy  ;) 

And yes, spring is just around the corner. The nature is waking up.

spring07032021.jpg

We went to check things out on a little hike before lunch...

theview07032021.jpg

I think the wild garlic will start to grow soon in the forest. Just a few weeks and spring is here.

A little update after a while. Been trying for some time (since the middle of may) but the photo server I use was down and I really hate looking for another one.

The photos are from previous week / almost two weeks ago....

So these were the seedlings I prepared for this season
seedlings1may2021.jpg

seedlings2may2021.jpg

Tomatoes are already in the garden and the greenhouse
tomatoesmay2021.jpg

Habanero Chocolate
habanerochocolatemay2021.jpg

These are Aji Umba and Habanero Chocolate - if I remember it right
donemay2021.jpg

Some of the other pots
alldonemay2021.jpg

The weather is only now getting warmer, so maybe I'll post some photos in a week with the update.
Take care folks!

Feels good to get those potted up, huh, Uros!

They all look great, including the tomatoes.
Looking forward to seeing your next update.
Really like the snow-on-the-ground-in-Spring pic!
What are the purple shoots?

PaulG said:
Feels good to get those potted up, huh, Uros!

They all look great, including the tomatoes.
Looking forward to seeing your next update.
Really like the snow-on-the-ground-in-Spring pic!
What are the purple shoots?
Yes it feels good Paul. Now we'll just water them and observe.

The purple shoots are Crocus vernus (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crocus_vernus)
We call it "pomladanski žafran" which stands for "spring saffron", but this one is not to be mistaken for the ones they use for spice, because it's supposed to be poisonous.

How's your season so far Uroš? My plants are unfortunatly almost the same as the day i planted them in my garden...First cold and rain, then heatwave..and ofcourse me 120km away from them...

Petrac said:
How's your season so far Uroš? My plants are unfortunatly almost the same as the day i planted them in my garden...First cold and rain, then heatwave..and ofcourse me 120km away from them...
Slowly growing, but I have them in pots. Paprika's and tomatoes on the garden are growing rapidly since last week because of the warmer nights. Summer finally!
Will post pictures when I take some.

I had the same thought but it's not possible out of the box, would be custom. Perhaps down the road!

Hey, Uros! Good to see that Slovenian grow kicking
into high gear! Some great looking pods coming along.
Especially happy to see the JA Red Habanero pumping
them out for you.

Hey, Uros! Good to see that Slovenian grow kicking
into high gear! Some great looking pods coming along.
Especially happy to see the JA Red Habanero pumping
them out for you.
Hey Paul. Always happy to share the good grow news :)
That balcony really seems to suit the plants - the light reflects from the wall and they are well protected from the heavy rain.

As always, your plants produced high quality seeds and the proof is right here.
Thank you my friend. I hope I'll find the time to use those pods well and then share it with you all.

Back