• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

tsurrie's 2022 glog

Hey there. I'm just posting to let you know I'm still kicking, but with an even smaller grow.
Only nine pots this season, three of them are habanero (two Calita Red's and Red Savina - I think)
I got them in local nursery after all my seedlings stopped growing suddenly :confused:
I only managed to grow my own tomato plants this season and some cucumbers - will probably add the photos from the garden later this month, after some weeding :P

Red Savina? and Calita Red - looks like they'll grow some pods for me
1656759065845.jpg

1656759065869.jpg

1656759065882.jpg

the lineup - three on the right are habaneros
1656759065857.jpg

this one is annum and is a yellow variant of Chili As - good for pickling but reds are tastier
1656759065897.jpg

Last edited:
I found the recipe I used for you which is more exact than my rough estimates, you can use either

500g mushrooms (whatever you've got)
50g salted butter
3 garlic cloves, crushed
Few sprigs of fresh thyme
4 slices of thick bread
2 tbsp double cream (optional) I don't use cream, I think it takes away from the flavour of the mushrooms
Handful of fresh flatleaf parsley, finely chopped

Slice the mushrooms roughly and set aside. Melt the butter in a pan over a medium heat, then fry the garlic for 30 seconds.
Add the mushrooms and thyme and cook over a high heat, stirring, for 4-5 minutes. Meanwhile, toast the bread.
Add the cream (if using) and parsley to the mushrooms, season to taste, then serve on the toast.

I found the recipe I used for you which is more exact than my rough estimates, you can use either

500g mushrooms (whatever you've got)
50g salted butter
3 garlic cloves, crushed
Few sprigs of fresh thyme
4 slices of thick bread
2 tbsp double cream (optional) I don't use cream, I think it takes away from the flavour of the mushrooms
Handful of fresh flatleaf parsley, finely chopped

Slice the mushrooms roughly and set aside. Melt the butter in a pan over a medium heat, then fry the garlic for 30 seconds.
Add the mushrooms and thyme and cook over a high heat, stirring, for 4-5 minutes. Meanwhile, toast the bread.
Add the cream (if using) and parsley to the mushrooms, season to taste, then serve on the toast.

Thank you for this. Will try it for sure and yeah, without cream. As you I too find it taking over the taste too much and I try to avoid it if possible.

Back