• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Twiasp Glog

Guess I will document my growing.  Feast or Famine I could learn from it either way.  Got a late start to my plants for my first year growing. 

Medium = Fox Farms Happy Frog
Water = Natural Spring Water (grocery store, 2gal for a 2 dollars)
Light = 4' T8 single 6500k bulb.

So it begins...March 29th

Only 3 germinated.  Took them out of moisture domes at different stages to see how it goes..Apr 1st

True leaves starting on them, made some foil wrapped cardboard for reflection...Apr 8th

True leaves getting bigger, no height increased in plants, just purple stems and purplish leaves...Apr 12

Only things I am starting with this year for my first year are 3 MoA Scotch Bonnet plants (seeds from Juanitos) and 2 Orange Roussollini tomatoes (seeds from MIgardener).

Good plant is growing nicely, looks like it is starting to sprout more leaves above the first set of true leaves.

This is the ugly one I'm hoping will correct itself after being stuck in the seed husk for a while after sprouting. I see new growth so that is good /shrug.

And third plant is about a week or so behind the first good plant and looks the same.

Transplanted 2 of my better ones, to clear solo cups.  Did not know if the light would hurt the roots or not through the clear cup so i put inside other cups i had to protect from light, any info if this is good or bad please would be appreciated.  Filled cups about 3/4 with fresh happy frog, sprinkled in some Myco (about 1/4 tbsp), put entire plant and dirt in, filled with slightly more dirt and watered in.  If any errors were made feel free to let me know.  Next year  they will be grown in solo cups to start with.

Close up of the better plant.

1 Month since start date.  Thinking of starting the best one with some hardening off to go outside soon, it is working on its 4th and 5th sets of true leaves at the moment.  This one will be planted in dirt. Other 2 that are lagging behind will be nutrient experiments efforts in double 5 gal buckets.

Best plant seems to continue to do well.

The smallest plant seems to be doing better now after the transplant into solo cup with some Myco.

The goofy helmet head plant is doing much better after the transplant with Myco.  Seems to be correcting itself.

Think it is time to harden these off and get them going outside?  Are some of the smaller ones still too young?

The strongest plant still strongest.

The goofy plant.  Still not sure why some of the leaves stay curled on this plant.

The smallest plant, seems like just a stunted version of the strongest one.

Potted up and put outside last night.  Best plant in 2-3 gal container, and other 2 in 5 gal double buckets.

Update on plants.  I haven't been able to get them into much direct sunlight yet due to all the rains and Thunderstorms this week. They get maybe 1 hour of sunlight from about 10a-11a atm.  If this is our last week of Tstorms maybe I can get them out into more direct sun.  They seem to be doing well though.

Update to the Glog..... Starting to lose track as they are all getting on track nicely.  But best plant first, then goofy helmet headed one, then smallest.  They got a little tip damage from one day in the sun, but all else seems fine.

Back