• Please post pictures and as much information as possible.

Two Chilis Need I.D.

This first one was grown from a seed I planted out of a dried bhut jolokia someone was kind enough to send to me. It's obviously not that. I tasted a green one, since I don't have any ripe ones to sample as of yet. It has a habanero type flavor with much milder heat. It's not the best picture. I'll get some better pics once I have some ripe ones.

9743799044_05beafc490_b.jpg

This one is supposed to be Jay's peach ghost scorpion. I bought the seeds from a reputable dealer. There are some variations in the shapes of the pods on this guy. This one looks more naga shaped, to me. Others look like morugas. Will this brownish color ripen to peach?

9743802610_f1f72735c5_b.jpg

This one is on the same plant...

9741707625_d9ba9a397f_b.jpg

First pod not sure. Still pretty young to tell.
In regards to your jays peach, I have 5 jays peach plant with over 100 pods, and none have turned brown. They all go from a light translucent light green to the peach color. In my opinion its something else. I'd be interested to see how the other pods come out.

I knew #1 would get some Brazilian Starfish votes. I don't think that's what it is though because it's rounder and not quite as flat. I'll provide better pics tomorrow.

#2 and #3 are on the same plant, so they couldn't be two different peppers.... could they?

and I don't mean that as a sarcastic statement, just asking, is it possible?
Because they sure do look like two different varieties!

yup.... I know. Very weird. And maybe that other one IS a Brazilian Starfish. Do those have a hab flavor? Let it be known that I did not plant any scorps OR starfish. Not what I ordered, anyway.

Here are some more pics of the punkin' shaped pepper that has a hab flavor

9753913715_bdbfeb4b3e_b.jpg

9753920975_90ec6366bd_b.jpg

9753729481_82a865b2b2_b.jpg

I just did a tiny bit of research, and it seems the starfish is an aji baccatum.... this one I have is most definitely c. Chinense. And I just ate another green one. Very sweet and very mild, but mild is to be expected for now I suppose
I SO hope they turn out to be bonnets!!!

Braz. Starfish do not taste like Habs at all. Not even slightly. Yours look like some kind of Scotch bonnet to me, too.

I have Jays red and Jays peach ghost scorpions and the pods are very consistent on each plant and between the plants, either colour. For what it`s worth, mine came from Jim Duffy. 

it`s interesting that you are getting 2 phenotypes on your Jays peach GS, neither of which look like the ones I have. I don`t have a photo, but mine are very typical of what you see online. I have 3 plants of each colour, too.

Nigel said:
Braz. Starfish do not taste like Habs at all. Not even slightly. Yours look like some kind of Scotch bonnet to me, too.

I have Jays red and Jays peach ghost scorpions and the pods are very consistent on each plant and between the plants, either colour. For what it`s worth, mine came from Jim Duffy. 

it`s interesting that you are getting 2 phenotypes on your Jays peach GS, neither of which look like the ones I have. I don`t have a photo, but mine are very typical of what you see online. I have 3 plants of each colour, too.

I bought mine from Duffy as well. So that adds a layer of intrigue, I suppose. And I am sure that it's not mislabeled, because I didn't plant anything that resembles what's on that plant. And I am stoked that the "starfish" is probably actually a bonnet! Thanks for the input!

I tasted the chocolate one today. Totally dislike the flavor. Heat was respectable, but not as hot as the naga I ate last year. No milk needed. I wish I had someone to give it to, because I hate to yank a perfectly healthy plant

9836895165_4d138a916d_b.jpg

9837010783_6ace4e429f_b.jpg

9837029043_9b28775c6c_b.jpg

9837054454_685900f3ce_b.jpg

9836980326_7773e55960_b.jpg

9837067385_7f5ace2737_b.jpg

I'll have a bunch of those scorp-ish choco pods to ship off pretty soon, if anyone wants them. I don't like the flavor enough to keep them. SFRB will be sent to whoever claims them

Phil said:
9836895165_4d138a916d_b.jpg

9837010783_6ace4e429f_b.jpg

9837029043_9b28775c6c_b.jpg

9837054454_685900f3ce_b.jpg

9836980326_7773e55960_b.jpg

9837067385_7f5ace2737_b.jpg

I'll have a bunch of those scorp-ish choco pods to ship off pretty soon, if anyone wants them. I don't like the flavor enough to keep them. SFRB will be sent to whoever claims them
I'll take some pods when they're ready. Always willing to try new peppers. Let me know when they're ready and I can organise to send you a payment. 

MeatHead1313 said:
Wow awesome. Thanks! I'll at least pay for shipping then.

A virtual handshake and a smile will do. How about this, if you insist on some form of payment...... you post a video of yourself eating one of these peppers, and we'll call it even! Gotta hook my Louisiana peeps up!

Phil said:

A virtual handshake and a smile will do. How about this, if you insist on some form of payment...... you post a video of yourself eating one of these peppers, and we'll call it even! Gotta hook my Louisiana peeps up!
Sounds like a deal to me then. A video of a Cajun-ised Aussie shall be posted. 

Back