• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Two heirlooms new to me

http://virtual.clemson.edu/groups/seed/heirloom.htm

Has anyone tried either of these?

African Surprise Pepper - This is an exciting new one for me from Gabon , Africa where it is grown as a staple in the diet of most people. In addition to being quite hot and prolific. Grow in a flower border for its attractive array of colorful and ornamental fruit. PKT (20) $2

Georgia White Hot Pepper - Source: Fincannon family, Central, SC. As this pepper ages, it becomes more pungent and takes on a lighter white color. Shaped like a cayenne pepper, it is mild enough to eat with vegetables in the early stages of growth. Later, it changes from white, to orange, to dark red in sharp contrast to the deep green foliage. May also be planted in a flower bed as an ornamental. PKT (20) $2

rainbowberry said:
I haven't heard of them either. They do have the Georgia White pepper on the Chileman site but no info or picture on it.

I was considering ordering some seeds since I'd never heard of them before and because I'm a very sick woman.

We could probably work a trade if you get them Pam...one of the guys I work with brought me some Zuchinni, Cucumber, and Cantalope seeds from Italy yesterday...

032508001gw1.jpg

Wanna?

Wow from 2008 and there still is little info online when searching for African Surprise. I have the seeds and have some plants to sell but little in the way of description other than one photo that shows a multicolor small pointed up chile, which are my least favorite in some ways since they are pretty common. Scoville units?

Back