• This is the place to discuss all spicy commerical products, not just sauce!

hot-sauce Two New Sauces

Just bought 2 new sauces Dave's Ultimate Insanity and Wanza's Wicked Temptations by CaJohns's .

Dave's Ultimate Insanity has "surprising" heat. It is hotter than expexted for being supposedly 250,000 SHUs. The first taste you get is unfortunately a horrible extract flavor. No real other flavor, except tomato paste and a small habanero flavor. Pretty bad flavor wise. Overall, I would recommend this as a food additive only, and just to spice things up such as chili or soup.

25kn9k9.jpg

Dave's Ultimate Insanity Sauce
250,000 SHUs
Taste: 3/10
Heat: 6/10
Price: 7/10

Overall Rating: 5.3- Not too good. :mope:

Wanza's Wicked Temptation by CaJohn's is a good tasting sauce. Has a small to moderate extract flavor, but it makes up for it in my opinion with the ingredients, such as Red Savinas, papaya, pineapple, banana, passion fruit juice, etc. The bottle says 2,000,000 SHUs, but that in no way true. It is MADE with 2,000,000 SHU extract. I would estimate the actual scoville rating of the sauce itself around 200,000-300,000. Cheap price tag on it, which is good. Overall, I would reccomend this as a food additive and flavor enhancer, but still too hot for dipping or dousing.

2aew46w.jpg

Wanza's Wicked Temptation
Around 250,000 SHUs
Taste: 7.5/10
Heat: 5/10
Price: 9/10

Overall Rating: 7.2/10-Not Bad :)

CaJohn makes many many good sauces. Try one of his purees next time. I think you'll like the heat and the flavor is much better without the extract. My favorite is the fatalii.

Back