• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Two problems and dilema

Hey there everyone! I have 2 problems on my hands. You see I used Fox Farms for 5 of my plants when I did my first transplant, and for the other 4 plants I used Growers Professional (which contains no nutes) The 4 plants that I have growers pro in, the leaves are yellowing and my 2 doughlas have leaf curl on both plants. What I'm debating on here is if I should transplant them using Fox Farms? or should I buy some fertilizer. with higher nutes. The fert I'm using now has 3% total N. Should I go with a stronger fert or go with a better soil? Thanks!

What's the end game and will you be moving them outside at some point?

I prefer a fert free mix and add my own ferts as needed. When the seedlings are big enough I like to use Pro Mix BX or Lambert LM-3.

I bottom feed with:
PHC Seedling & Houseplants NPK 6-12-6 Biofertilizer

Contains potassium nitrate, ammonium phosphate, urea, seaweed extract, potassium phosphates, copper sulfate, manganese, iron, zinc, amino acids, K and B-complex vitamins, beneficial bacteria, humates and humic acids, kelp, citric and citrate buffers and yucca plant extract

2.5 oz. of easy-to-use powder makes 6 gallons of powerful fertilizer; 8 oz. makes 19 gallons

http://www.gardeners.com/Seedling-Fertilizer/11727,default,pd.html

I used it for the last two seasons and see no reason to switch to something else…it works really good.

What's the end game and will you be moving them outside at some point?

I prefer a fert free mix and add my own ferts as needed. When the seedlings are big enough I like to use Pro Mix BX or Lambert LM-3.

I bottom feed with:
PHC Seedling & Houseplants NPK 6-12-6 Biofertilizer

Contains potassium nitrate, ammonium phosphate, urea, seaweed extract, potassium phosphates, copper sulfate, manganese, iron, zinc, amino acids, K and B-complex vitamins, beneficial bacteria, humates and humic acids, kelp, citric and citrate buffers and yucca plant extract

2.5 oz. of easy-to-use powder makes 6 gallons of powerful fertilizer; 8 oz. makes 19 gallons

http://www.gardeners...default,pd.html

I used it for the last two seasons and see no reason to switch to something else…it works really good.

Thank you for sharing that!!!

I prefer a fert free mix and add my own ferts as needed +1 superhot!!

yes i agree with super hot i do the same thing what can happen if your not careful and if you dont do a little reading is if there is fert in the soil already when you buy it you could overfertilize and thats not a good thing!!

i like give them a small shot of fert and epsom salt as soon as the are about 1 inch tall and then fertilize once every 14 to 22 days only if they look like they need it

i use it in times where the leaves get light green or there fgetting a little "pokey" in the growth area

thanks your friend Joe

Thanks Joe! Sounds good! I was feeding them every other week on a regular basis! Should I do a flush? I think I have fert burn

Back