• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Typical summer shock just hit the garden

Everything was growing awesome and the temps suddenly spiked to 103 in the shade yesterday.  Tomato's are 5' tall with hundreds of fruits on them and suddenly wilting.  Peppers are loving it though and recovering nicely from our recent grasshopper swarm.  Sure wish I could raise the humidity on the plants though.  Right now we are at 10% and that's not good for the garden.

135 various pepper plants out with several hold overs from last year.  I have more fruit than I know what to do with right now so if anyone here in Phx needs any fresh Peno, Serrano, cayenne, yellow dragons or Padrons let me know?

I feel your pain. I grow under shade cloth, but at  90 + degrees, 10 % Humidity and a 20 mile an hour hot wind. I might as well place my peppers under a hair dryer. I am watering every day just trying to keep stuff alive. I just got through a PH problem when things were looking up I end up with this crazy weather. I expect this kind of weather in October when most my stuff is already harvested, but never in April and May when everything is being brought out and is so susceptible to shock. I had such a great year last year I guess I’m going to pay for it this year. I have already trashed over 10 plants last night that were thriving just 3 days ago.  This really sucks!

Back