• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

chinense U-MOROK The mother of all Jolokias

cmpman1974 said:
I have grown several variations of Bih Jolokia that start out light green like the pod you're showing NJA. Several years ago, I accidentally got them from a mistake Frontal Agritech made. Long story. :) Tough to say if it's the same.

Are you familiar with Potka/Boonbai Morich? Another super hot from Bangladesh. Nice one.

Chris

well...unless I get them seeds and grow, I will neither confirm or deny.

Yes, I have heard of Boonbai Morich. I think it is a cylon version of Bombay Morich which is an offspring of Naga Morich.
Real old GONDALIA MARCHA may be the same too.
I am gonna look for Gondalia which is near my village where I am going.

Let's see how they turn out to be.

NJA

Yeah If i remeber correct From some pics of bih's seem to be a very light green idk though.

Hope you get all the seeds you seek NJA!

I have seeds from India starting very pale green, almost white, labled Raja Mirch. any chance they're the same?

Omri said:
I have seeds from India starting very pale green, almost white, labled Raja Mirch. any chance they're the same?

Omri,

Shalom,

Unless we see a photograph of the pods, nothing can be said.

NJA

Boonbai Morich looks much different than Bombay Morich. I grew them both. I heard of some individuals on an India forum talking of Kacha Morich. I tried to get some seeds, but it wasn't a pepper forum so you can imagine there wasn't much interest in dealing with me. :) I recall hearing it was extremely hot. THe U-Morok is very interesting. It's like a hybrid look between a 7 pot and a Naga when considering coloring/texture.

Chris

P.S. Let's see how they turn out to be. Hmmm Raja Mirch Omri? Sounds like we need to do a seed trade. :)

Naga Jolokia Addict said:
well...unless I get them seeds and grow, I will neither confirm or deny.

Yes, I have heard of Boonbai Morich. I think it is a cylon version of Bombay Morich which is an offspring of Naga Morich.
Real old GONDALIA MARCHA may be the same too.
I am gonna look for Gondalia which is near my village where I am going.

NJA

cmpman1974 said:
Boonbai Morich looks much different than Bombay Morich. I grew them both. I heard of some individuals on an India forum talking of Kacha Morich. I tried to get some seeds, but it wasn't a pepper forum so you can imagine there wasn't much interest in dealing with me. :) I recall hearing it was extremely hot. THe U-Morok is very interesting. It's like a hybrid look between a 7 pot and a Naga when considering coloring/texture.

Chris

P.S. Let's see how they turn out to be. Hmmm Raja Mirch Omri? Sounds like we need to do a seed trade. :)

Raja Morich is another name of Naga Morich or Naga Jolokia. In Assamese language, Jolokia means Pepper. There seems to be a lot of grey areas wrt Indian peppers.
Let me get my records updated during my coming visit to India.

NJA

NJA you got INdia on lockdown!!

soo many morich's and naga's and bih's and jolokia and soo on I wish theyre was and easy way to explain the differencee's i know it has alot to do with the location is that all?

Noshownate said:
NJA you got INdia on lockdown!!

soo many morich's and naga's and bih's and jolokia and soo on I wish theyre was and easy way to explain the differencee's i know it has alot to do with the location is that all?

Actually BHUT refers NOT to Ghost but Bhootiya people or Bhutiya tribe living east of Assam.Bhutiyas/Bhutias love this chilli peppermore than many. This Pepper is not refered to as Naga so much in its native place but is refered to as Bih Jolokia.(Poison chilli)

NJA

NJA you need to write a book, pass on all that wonderful knowledge you have in your head. I would love to go with you on your trip, I'd just stand behind you taking notes. Or better yet with a video camera! Good luck on your quest and have a safe trip.

patrick said:
NJA you need to write a book, pass on all that wonderful knowledge you have in your head. I would love to go with you on your trip, I'd just stand behind you taking notes. Or better yet with a video camera! Good luck on your quest and have a safe trip.

patrick,

just yesterday, I was thinking of writing about each variety that are grown in India.
During my visit to India, I will meet with my friends at Agriculture college (professors) and get guidence from them.

May be next year, I can present the world with all those fine and beautiful pepper varieties of India.

Thanks for your moral support.

NJA

Great minds think alike don't they? Ha!

That would be a great thing to do NJA and I would buy a copy the moment it came out.

Naga Jolokia Addict said:
patrick,

just yesterday, I was thinking of writing about each variety that are grown in India.
During my visit to India, I will meet with my friends at Agriculture college (professors) and get guidence from them.

May be next year, I can present the world with all those fine and beautiful pepper varieties of India.

Thanks for your moral support.

NJA

That is a good idea. There is so much confusion out there and people using different names for the same pepper, some saying they are different peppers when they aren't etc. I think you need to collect seed for every type, speak to a lot of people about each one and then just grow it!

Back