• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Um is this normal?

So I planted some jalapeno seeds that I "harvested" from some peppers I bought from an organic farm. I planted them and look what I got! Is this normal for jalapenos? It's my first time growing my own peppers and I'm so weirded out that they didn't turn out like the short, stumpy ones I bought from the farm!

jalapeno.jpg

Doesn't look like a jalapeno to me. What else were they growing? Looks like it's crossed with something else, like a banana pepper or poblano. Don't expect jalapeno, but maybe it'll be an interesting hybrid.

Yup...a cross between a Jal and either a pablano or anaheim looks like. Might be tasty! Could have a bit of a firm outer skin to it and need to be roasted and peeled if its been crossed with either of those.

No, it's not normal. Thumbnails are usually clear, or painted with something other than a sharpie...

lol.. was trying to figure out what you were referencing, kept looking at the other posts and wondering what the heck you were talking about, then realized I should probably check the pic again..

but yeah the plant looks pretty limp, does it get enough water?

Back