• This is the place to discuss all spicy commerical products, not just sauce!

hot-sauce Uncle Big's/Mother of All Hot Sauces

Has anyone tried any of these by Hatari Bros.?

Are they a good flavor and what is the heat intensity compared to Dave's Ultimate or Blair's Megadeath?

Cheers,

Haven't tried it. I was supposed to do a featured review for them, but they flacked on us (The Hot Zone Online Blog). I've been meaning to try their Acid Rain sauce.

Acid Rain

Acid Rain is a great sauce! The bottle is small and it goes fast. However, it is the best sauce that I like on my pork chops straight off a frying pan. The rate the heat at a 9 but I don't think it is that hot at all. Acid Rain has a limited edition wooden crate one that is suppose to be a 10. However, for $20 or so I don't think it is worth getting.

Alberta Crude is hotter than Acid Rain and is more thick and does contain some extract but overall it is tasty and hot.

since the hatari bros. products have good flavor based on those 2that I have tried I am wondering how there "mother of all hot sauces" is? They claim its the best tasting hottest sauce out there so I will have to order one I guess.

I currently have on stock that I haven't tried yet

Endorphin Rush
Belize Heat

So once I go through those I will try to get some new ones..

Cheers

chuk hell said:
Marie Sharp makes fine products...not super-hot but excellent taste....probably my favorite of the big commercial hot sauces.

You're right about that. But I'm starting to believe that my #1 all purpose sauce is Blair's Original Death. Not very hot, I like it as a 'topping' for steak, fish, pork/lamb chops. Add some to cocktail sauce for an added boost.

HotSauceGoonie said:
I currently have on stock that I haven't tried yet

Endorphin Rush
Belize Heat

If you're anything like me you won't like Endorphin Rush....it tastes like ass....very chemical tasting to me(i guess it's an extract sauce)

Endorphin

Sickmont said:
If you're anything like me you won't like Endorphin Rush....it tastes like ass....very chemical tasting to me(i guess it's an extract sauce)

Yup, I have it and it is unopened and may stay like that. I will probably try it soon and if its no good empty it out and add it to the rest of my collection of bottles.

I am going to try Jersey Death too soon. I am not a big fan of the overwhelming extract flavor in sauces. A good one that had extract was Marie Sharp's Comatose.

This is why the Naga Morich/Dorset Naga will revolutionize the industry. We will have sauces around 1MILL S.U without extracts!! :-)

Cheers,

You seem to be underestimating extracts. Not all sauces that use extracts taste like a pharmaceutical tailings pond. It depends on what type and how much you use. We use extracts in one of our sauces, but you really can't tell.

Agreed

DEFCON Creator said:
You seem to be underestimating extracts. Not all sauces that use extracts taste like a pharmaceutical tailings pond. It depends on what type and how much you use. We use extracts in one of our sauces, but you really can't tell.

I do agree with you on this. However Daves Insanity and Ultimate, Blair's Possible Side Effects, Megadeath, etc. Chet's Slap around the World, Mad Dog 357 all taste of extracts.....

The only sauce so far that uses extracts that I really can't taste it are

Marie Sharp's Belize Heat
Hatari Bros. Alberta Crude

If you have more sauces that don't taste of extracts that contain them let me know by all means!!!!

Cheers,

Defcon time!

Sickmont said:
DEFCON #1!!!!!!!

Everyone has been saying this... What is their secret? LOL Have to order it when I do my next big shipment. Is this a sauce to be used on anything or just a wing sauce?

Cheers,

HotSauceGoonie said:
Everyone has been saying this... What is their secret? LOL Have to order it when I do my next big shipment. Is this a sauce to be used on anything or just a wing sauce?

Cheers,

Actually, the new labels say "All-Purpose Wing Sauce". People really do use it on everything from asparagus to Bloody Mary's to deer repellant, now if that's not all-purpose.....

I don't think you'll be disappointed.

Asparagus...I'll have to try that one.

I like making hot wing pizzas with Defcon, injecting whole chickens with it; hell, I'd drink shots of it (and other hot sauces) if it wasn't cost prohibative.

dreamtheatervt said:

I like making hot wing pizzas with Defcon, injecting whole chickens with it; hell, I'd drink shots of it (and other hot sauces) if it wasn't cost prohibative.

Hmmmm, we do have case deals.

chuk hell said:
Marie Sharp makes fine products...not super-hot but excellent taste....probably my favorite of the big commercial hot sauces.

Probably my favorite too. I really like the Orange or Grapefruit pulp based sauce on salads, fresh vegetables, or a plate of cottage cheese..

dreamtheatervt said:

Hahaha...i wanna see your face when you drinking a zero shot...:)

I don't have any zero...but if you want to volunteer any I'll try it when I come to your restaurant over the holidays. You can post pics of my stupidity.

Back