• Please post pictures and as much information as possible.

unidentified annuum

Hello
I grew these peppers but I don't know what they are. At first I thought they were cayenne but the cayenne I have seen are both longer and skinnier.
They were grown indoors, would that affect the shape of the peppers?
Taste wise they were much like any annuum, just a vegetably taste but not a lot of it.
Heat wise they were pretty hot, I would say around the heat of a cayenne, only burned the mouth and the burn lasted about 5 minutes.
Here are the pics:
Photo10-09-13160929_zpsba7b139d.jpg
Photo10-09-13160945_zps10e32d87.jpg

Photo10-09-13160903_zpsa11f8432.jpg

Btw all the other peppers on the plant are about the same size, but there are some that are a bit more "flat"

This appears to be an F2 or later generation Superchile.  The "normal" F1 Superchiles grow upright, but subsequent generations do not always grow upright.  I've been growing Superchiles for five years now, and these look exactly like some of mine.  In addition. Superchiles do have Cayenne like heat, but I don't think they have vegetable like taste if they are picked ripe.   Take a look at one of my Superchiles from earlier this season:

That actually would make sense, I also have superchile seeds but I didn't think I had planted those, there must have been a mix up with the labels...

Anyway, aren't superchile much smaller than my peppers? Mine are all between 3 and 4 inches long

This is, at best, an F2. These seeds came from a friend, from a "normal" Super chile plant.
I was thinking, could this be a cross between Superchile and say Cayenne. Here's why, the size is between the 2 peppers, some of them have some bumps, are pointy and even have a little curved tail like a cayenne but are also smooth like the superchile and have its general shape, and the peppers vary in shape.
Could this be correct?
Here are some I picked today:
Photo13-09-13111906_zpsea94351b.jpg

Back