• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

pests Unidentified Bug...

Here's one for you entomologists. I have a few of these on my plants. Had a few of them on my plants last year as well. I don't know what it is but I don't want to just kill them if they are "meat eaters". Let me know if you can identify him. Could it be a larval ladybug? As usual with my photos, sorry for the poor quality pic.

Big Mike
unidentifiedbug.jpg

Looks like a good guy for sure! Ladybug larvae is an aphid eating machine for about 21 days. It's a good sign if you saw them last year and now. They have chosen your area as a home.

Good luck with your season
Mike

Ok. I've heard that ladybug larvae eat as many or even more aphids than their fully developed counterparts. I just didn't know exactly what they looked like. I'm going to baby them now.

Thanks for the replies!

Big Mike
Visit us Online: www.knot2worry.us

Terrible insect there. Get rid of them. The proper procedure of ridding of this nasty creature is to pack them nicely in a priority mail box and ship them my way as quick as you can (overnight is preferred). I have the only cure for ridding of these horrible insects!

Back