• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

uninvited visitor

Well luckily your not in California. I have a co-worker who got charges pressed against him for trapping and relocating one in his back yard. Even though he had children it's a protected animal here and relocating them (from your backyard) is against the law. The worse part is one of his neighbors actually reported him!!

Shoot it then as you can't legally relocate many animals here including fish and rightly so as they screw up the ecosystem of lakes.

LEGAL STATUS

The California Fish and Game Code classifies opossum as nongame mammals. If you find opossum threatening growing crops or other property of which you are the owner or tenant, you may control the opossum using any legal means. Fish and Game Department regulations prohibit the relocation of wildlife without written permission from the department. Check to make sure there are no local restrictions pertaining to the removal of opossum prior to taking any action.

cdn.jpg

with that said, we have a few around my house as well as raccons, actually befriended most and can pet them. They leave my plants alone, good luck with yours man
Now that's hilarious!! Love it.

Shoot it then as you can't legally relocate many animals here including fish and rightly so as they screw up the ecosystem of lakes.

LEGAL STATUS

The California Fish and Game Code classifies opossum as nongame mammals. If you find opossum threatening growing crops or other property of which you are the owner or tenant, you may control the opossum using any legal means. Fish and Game Department regulations prohibit the relocation of wildlife without written permission from the department. Check to make sure there are no local restrictions pertaining to the removal of opossum prior to taking any action.
good idea

Possums are mean as hell...we have had 6 of them eating my dogs food and you'll walk out to scare them off and they'll charge at you....unfortunately down her' in deez parts....some folks like to eats em'

<<true story>>

Haha, hell no...but I did some home health nursing for about a year and was offered this delicacy a handful of times. Some went so far as to trap them, feed them corn for a few weeks, then butcher them like they would hogs. Hell, every time I saw it cooked it looked like pork... :rofl:

Haha, hell no...but I did some home health nursing for about a year and was offered this delicacy a handful of times. Some went so far as to trap them, feed them corn for a few weeks, then butcher them like they would hogs. Hell, every time I saw it cooked it looked like pork... :rofl:
oh wow so you never tried it........

This entire thread it loaded with win. Quite the rodent trapper, there should be a forum badge for that imho.

Saw these three guys today...

Pepper201259.jpg

Black Rat Snake

Pepper201256.jpg

Eastern Garter Snake

Pepper201260.jpg

another Black Rat Snake that thought he was a camouflage master...

Lots of snake around our house due to the close proximity to ponds and lots of wooded lots...

Saw these three guys today...

Pepper201259.jpg

Black Rat Snake

Pepper201256.jpg

Eastern Garter Snake

Pepper201260.jpg

another Black Rat Snake that thought he was a camouflage master...

Lots of snake around our house due to the close proximity to ponds and lots of wooded lots...
oh wow i dont mind snakes because i love snakes i hold them for a couple mins then i let them go back where ever they came from if you catch/find another black rat snake you can always ship it to my house they make perfect pets

I used to be a reptile rehabilitator for the DNR here and had to respond to reptile calls (in chicken coop, on porch, in pool, etc.). Had 22 various snakes at one time. Never liked keeping the "hot" ones though....

yeah ive beeen looking for some rattlesnakes and i havent been able to findone but i will sooner or later mark my word ive had all different types of snakes just not venomous ones so that is next on my list with a corn snake which is closly related to you rat snake friend

Back