• Everything other than hot peppers. Questions, discussion, and grow logs. Cannabis grow pics are only allowed when posted from a legal juridstiction.

Unknown bugs

Hello these bugs appeared a week ago I was wondering if anyone could help me identify them by the way I'm new to this forum so I am not sure if im
posting in the right section. If you need more pictures Ill be happy to take more. -thanks

100_4075.jpg

WElcome to the THP forum....

hmmm it looks to me like a stink bug...but i might be wrong.. need a closer look :)

Orange Black Stink Bug - Novatilla virgata
DSCN0592.JPG

Thanks for the fast reply My camera is not that good so maybe I could resize the picture to have a closer view. Btw I live in phoenix,Az if that narrows down the bugs.

definitely some kind of "shield" bug

Welcome to the THP forum....

hmmm it looks to me like a stink bug...but i might be wrong.. need a closer look :)

Orange Black Stink Bug - Novatilla virgata

I believe there are quite a number of different species of stink bug, the ones we have here in wisconsin are bigger and dark on color other then that identical to the picture.

If you smash one of these they produce a potent putrid oder; almost makes you want to throw up. I think thats where they get there name. may be wrong!

What do you think srin2,?

SC

I believe there are quite a number of different species of stink bug, the ones we have here in wisconsin are bigger and dark on color other then that identical to the picture.

If you smash one of these they produce a potent putrid oder; almost makes you want to throw up. I think that where they get there name. may be wrong!

What do you think srin2,?

SC
even if u knock one out your body. the insect produces that stink..(had one on my neck once/or twice..hehe)... well i did not throw up .
the ones here are also dark .sometimes have not pattern on then just single colored. they also vary in size.

Hello these bugs appeared a week ago I was wondering if anyone could help me identify them by the way I'm new to this forum so I am not sure if im
posting in the right section. If you need more pictures Ill be happy to take more. -thanks

100_4075.jpg

Hay Eric

well now you know how to tell if they are sink bugs!

If they happen to be rose Beatles you should find quite a number of them in one location eating the centers out of the flowers, I know they can devastate a rose bud in no time at all, Just Guessing?

Cheers, SC

I've been seeing a couple of different kinds of Stink Bugs this year here in the valley. I haven't seen ones that look like that yet, but if I do I'll give them a smell test. We've got a ton of the big tan colored ones over here on the east side.

Back