• Please post pictures and as much information as possible.

Unknown chilli, seeds were labelled Thai Chilli

Hey there everyone, I bought some seeds that were generically labelled as Thai Chilli seeds.  I germinated and planted several, and then selected the best one to move to a larger pot.  It grew well until my son overwatered it while I was away a week.  I cut it back, planted it in a large pot with my kaffir lime tree and forgot about it.  Then it took off, and is currently crowding out the kaffir tree and growing like crazy!  The flowers are small, as are the pods.  There are hundreds of pods on it (literally) and they are all very small and green.  None have turned red, and they pack a pretty good heat and LOTS of seeds.  I have searched online for matches and haven't found anything labelled Thai Chilli, Thai Chili, or Thai pepper that seem to match up with the size and shape of these.  Any thoughts?

Unknown15-12-133_zpse0733d4f.jpg

The plant itself, in  a pot on the left.  In the forefront is galangal, and behind is the original inhabitant of the pot, a kaffir lime tree which is feeling a bit crowded now.

Unknown15-12-132_zpse9f67193.jpg

The pods.  There are lots and lots and lots of these.  Should be good for a sauce at some point.  If you know what these are, let me know.  I would really like to know if they will turn red at some point.  Thanks.

Many confuse the tepin and the pequin. Pequin are more pointy and tepins are round just like in those pics.

Tepin is one of my favorites, good heat for the size of a pea. I'm also growing a couple F2 crosses of the tepin. My first plant is a tepin and still have it and it's about 2 years old.

-Walt

Thanks, everyone.  I appreciate the assistance;  I was a bit lost when I was looking for a thai chilli that looked like these do.  There is a good reason for that, as they aren't thai chillis! 

Brain Strain Pepper Head said:
Those are Chili Pequins peppers

natives-chile-pepper-pequin_zps64493d00.jpg

I'm pretty sure those are tepins. (Edit: are you posting a pic of tepins? The OP's plant doesn't look like pequin. It resembles tepin.)

These are pequins (pic from my garden):
10938517185_1f5265f414.jpg

Back