• Please post pictures and as much information as possible.

pod Unknown Wicked Chocolate Pod

Hey guys...I was sent seeds for a chocolate brainstrain during the winter and decided to see if they would produce correct pods.  The first pod had the correct brainstrain shape and size, but unfortunately turned a very dark red instead of chocolate / brown.  The rest of the pods on the plant have a very bumpy brainstrain texture and feature some characteristics of the brainstrain...but they're definitely something different.  Could you guys help me figure this one out?  It's very similar to my chocolate morugas, but are easily twice the size.  

I'm calling it the unknown wicked chocolate for now...but hopefully someone can help determine its true name.  I know some are going to argue there is no such thing as a chocolate brainstrain, but I'm not here to argue about that right now.

unknownBrown_1.png

unknownBrown_2.png

Thanks!

yes it is one of the oldest Trinidadian peppers we all have known here in US
on the chocolate brain strain igente, i am breeding this one.
i dont know who else is working on this breed, or who is sharing seeds, or what is the source, but i do have this breed under development and i hope to stabilize it and share it with the rest of the chiliheads  

PepperLover said:
yes it is one of the oldest Trinidadian peppers we all have known here in US
on the chocolate brain strain igente, i am breeding this one.
i dont know who else is working on this breed, or who is sharing seeds, or what is the source, but i do have this breed under development and i hope to stabilize it and share it with the rest of the chiliheads  

I was told you were the one creating it, so thanks for the confirmation.  These seeds came from Australia and none of the provided seeds have been correct.  I disposed of the seeds I had left.  I'm happy to have a healthy plant but bummed that it turned out wrong.  

Thanks!

Back