• Please post pictures and as much information as possible.

Unknown Yellow C.Chinese Pepper

This was labeled Scotch bonnet FDA, but it doesn't have a Scotch bonnet shape. It seems hotter than a Scotch bonnet and tastes very similar to a yellow 7 pot. I'm not sure what it is. I like this pepper quite a bit and would love to know what it is.

9554311570_cd0c84a006_c.jpg

harry said:
The 4-lobed cup and saucer shape seems to be more difficult to come by. Peppermania's photos of the Foodorama Scotch Bonnet can be seen in http://thehotpepper.com/topic/17486-scotch-bonnet-varieties/page-3#entry379126 .

Yeah, second time I grew what was called Scotch bonnet that turned out to not fit the standard. At least this one is the right species with lots of heat, lol. The Foodorama Scotch bonnet looks very true. I think only the MOA Scotch bonnet could be more true. I'll have to check to see if I got the Foodorama one in a seed trade (traded for a bunch of Scotch bonnets looking for a true one).

I remember a post that mentioned using Yellow 7s in place of Bonnets flavour wise. At least what you have is on the right track flavour wise.

I still a BonNot plant of the wrong Capsicum species from 2010. The vendor probably had never actually tasted a Scotch Bonnet.

harry said:
I remember a post that mentioned using Yellow 7s in place of Bonnets flavour wise. At least what you have is on the right track flavour wise.

I still a BonNot plant of the wrong Capsicum species from 2010. The vendor probably had never actually tasted a Scotch Bonnet.

Yeah, I think it has the flavor part right.

Back