• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

pics update - pics and questions

First the pics!

Habanero:
20110810_134052_habanero.jpg

20110810_134146_habanero.jpg

7 pot / pod (can someone settle this once and for all?) Jonah:
20110810_134138_jonah.jpg

Bhut Jolokia:
20110810_134152_bhut.jpg

T Scorpion, Butch T:
20110810_134132_butcht.jpg

A couple of Cajun Bell's and early jalapenos:
20110810_134126_cajun_bell.jpg

Alright, now for the questions.

I have some fruit on those habaneros. The fruit in the following picture is between 2 and 3 weeks old. It does not look much like a habanero to me. It was purchased at a local nursery. Any thoughts?
20110810_134114_habanero.jpg

Next question. My Butch T's receive identical treatment as the rest of the plants. I had a thread a while back asking what the hell was wrong with them. They've been yellow like in the picture for over a month. Anyone have any ideas? Below is what they looked like in the previous thread I had (date on photo is 06/24).
20110624_trinidadscorpbutcht1.jpg

Thanks!

The "Habanero" definitely looks Bell/annuum, even the leaves scream "annuum" to me. Must have had wrong tag in the nursery, which is unfortunately not that rare.

I would get that 7 pod to somewhere with less direct sun. I would guess that's it's getting burned up.

Yes the last two or three weeks have been absolutely brutal. 18 of 21 days over 100 degrees and as high as 111. I don't have a lot of options regarding moving them. As it is they are only getting sun until about 2 pm. Perhaps I should throw up some shade cloth over top.

The "Habanero" definitely looks Bell/annuum, even the leaves scream "annuum" to me. Must have had wrong tag in the nursery, which is unfortunately not that rare.

:(

I fear you are correct. I will grow from seed next year.

Anyone have thoughts on the yellow guy?

"Anyone have thoughts on the yellow guy?"

i have been thinking as i look at all your pics that the first ones looked to be copper deficient
hence the cupped up leaves
the butch looks low on nitrogen and more

i would start with a nice balanced fertilizer with trace elements
and see if they would start to grow better

the "hab" looks like a bell (wimpy sweet pepper) please try to taste it

you wrote here they all get treated the same
maybe try anything different and see if things "get better"

good growing

Back