Urgent, Bhut jolokia problems

Hi,

I have two bhut jolokia plants at the moment, both are 7 months old and were grown under lights during the winter, small one is 60cm high and the other one 80cm. Somtime in aprli/may they started to flower, only recently they started to produce pollen. Late may i started to have them outside during the day. Temps here in sweden at the moment are between 15-30C and 50-60% humidity. 

Now to the problem, the leaves are hanging crazily much and I am a bit worried. I water them only when they are dry and I do not use fertilizers that often, as they seem to not like it. Also a lot of flowers are dropping. 

What am I doing wrong? I really do not want them to die! 

Thanks for reading :)

I'm in a similar situation. However my Douglah plant is looking great but it's dropping flowers like crazy
while my other plants are producing pods.. Why is that? The leaves on my plants however have only 
been hanging due to lack of water which is a quick fix...
I'm also located in Sweden! Where in Sweden do you live? 

Cheers, 
miksi

miksi said:
I'm in a similar situation. However my Douglah plant is looking great but it's dropping flowers like crazy
while my other plants are producing pods.. Why is that? The leaves on my plants however have only 

Cheers, 
miksi

too much nitrogen can make flowers fall off

The Chinense's drop flowers a lot. They will set after a while. You should be feeding them every few weeks. I use a bloom fertilizer. As for your drooping leaves maybe you are giving them a little to much sun? The plants usually wilt (esp. if in black pots) cool water and or shade will help them perk back up.

I noticed recently that my giant jalapeno plant was looking very droopy. It turns out the plant was root bound! Perhaps your pepper would like a bigger pot?

Guess what, the swedish heat was too much for my poor bhut jolokias, we had some cool days during saturday/sunday and they came back to life :)
miksi said:

Cheers, 
miksi
Västerås, 10 mil west of Stockholm :) Last year i had problems with dropping flowers but i fixed it by removing unwanted flowers and only keeping as many as i wanter fruit.
suchen said:
I noticed recently that my giant jalapeno plant was looking very droopy. It turns out the plant was root bound! Perhaps your pepper would like a bigger pot?
The smaller of them would probably like a bigger pot, but at this point I think it would be very tricky to re-pot them because they are so big. Also if they grow any bigger i wont be able to get them in and out of the house :)

Hi! I'm also from Stockholm area. I've had similar problems with my bhuts and other chinese. I grow in black plastic pots and the roots were cooked in the heat. I've covered pots so that the sun doesn't shine directly on them, and they now tolerate the heat much better. I also used fiber cloth some really hot days. Good luck!

Back