• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Vac pac for drying chillies

sirex said:
Pastic zipper sandwich bag and a straw. Cheapest way there is
Sounds great until you exhale in the straw.  :sick:
portreath said:
Has anyone come across a good method of vacum packing dried chillies that does not require expensive factory equipmement? 
Some things are worth paying for it you want it done right and safe. 

This works greatConair® Waring Pro® PVS1000 Pistol Vac Professional Vacuum Sealer, Black
Item: IM1NZ4185 Model: PVS1000

Conair® Waring Pro® PVS1000 Pistol Vac Professional Vacuum Sealer, Black

These are available at staples for 69$ also check out waring pro postal vac site for more info.
pvs1000.jpg
hope this helps

gotta agree ! i couldn't live without my food saver !  i vacuum pac all my powders , buy meat in bulks ,also when they have killer sales , food save all . leftovers. salsa you name it . its paid for itself over and over .    :onfire:

You can rinse them out and reuse them. I don't reuse them unless its the same thing going back into the bag. For instance if I have several fish fillets in one bag I might remove 2 of them and reseal the bag.

You guys are happy with Foodsaver? Years ago, I heard mixed reviews of bags not holding vacuum, etc. Perhaps they have improved?

hottoddy said:
You guys are happy with Foodsaver? Years ago, I heard mixed reviews of bags not holding vacuum, etc. Perhaps they have improved?

i have only vaced 2 things, one didnt seal properly, so perhaps its something i'm doing.  

Back