Valentine's Day

I plan on marketing a product for Valentine's Day, one I will not have to compete against flower shops to sell: Tomato Plants.

Tomato plants are green: that shows love will grow.
Tomato plants bear fruit: so do couples after they are married.
The Fruit is red: the color of love.
Tomato plants live: a doze red roses die.
Tomatoes are non-fattening, unlike chocolate.
Tomatoes do not cause cavities, unlike chocolate.
Tomato plants for Valentine's Day can double as an Easter present: tomatoes to put in the Easter Basket.

One could also use Red Habs for people who like peppers more than tomatoes - but only if the love between a couple is red-hot!

A lunatic in Cincinnati!

Mike

It won't work. Your girl would slap you if you brought her tomatoes instead of roses. It may be cliche but it just has to be done.

It's a nice idea mate, but I don't think I would enjoy my valentine's day with a kitchen utensil jammed into my shoulder, which is what would happen if I gave my girlfriend a tomatoe plant......

As THP said, Most ladies have an idea of what they should get on Valentine's day that has been bred into them and a tomatoe plant is not on that list!!! :lol:

Gee guys, give me some credit. Females buy Valentine's Day presents also, or at least I hope to convince them to!!!

Nothing says "I love you" to some guys like a tomato or pepper plant, unless it is a power tool or muscle car.

First rule of successful marketing: create a need then fill it!

Mike

working my way through lots of posts....

just for the record, this salsaLADY does NOT want chocolates or roses for Valentine's Day, Mother's day or any other holiday.

If I eat 1 tiny chocolate.....guaranteed in a day or 2 I will have a zit! And Roses?!?!? for the price they should last 6 weeks not 6 days!

I would be totally stoked with............hmmmm,this year it would be a pair of CROCS slip on shoes or a new pepper that I can experiment with out in the laboratory...I MEAN...kitchen ....

What can I say......I'm not a normal mum............THANK GOD!.......

Back