chinense Variation in CARDI Yellow Scorpion

Hey y'all

I have four plants of this cultivar (managed to fry all the rest - containers overheated!).  I haven't uploaded pics yet (cos it's a PITA) so I'll describe them (I will post pics tomorrow).

Two plants produce very smooth and shiny deep yellow to almost orange typical scorpion shaped fruit.   They are things of beauty!

The other two produce very wrinkled yellow fruit that look like a 7 Pot - some even look close to BrainStrain they are so wrinkled at the shoulders.

Is this an unstable cultivar or did I receive a mixed bag of seed?  I would love to hear about anyone else's experience with it.

Cheers

This is how mine has shaped its first pod:

qDgmFMOl.jpg

I've had 3 more pop up over the last couple of days.

Mine are nothing like the pics I've seen others have, but they do look the same as the image on the website that this seedling came from.

Yellow Scorpion CARDI is an excellent cultivar that produces beautiful, large, golden, delicious, not-too-hot fruit in prolific quantities. It's one of the best peppers I've ever grown, can't praise it enough.

This is what all of mine look like and what I believe is the true phenotype:

CIMG5394.jpg

Chris that's exactly what two of the bushes produce.  So yesterday I was inspecting the plants again.  The other two: one is a Douglah.  The other produces similar fruits to Oragngehero's but without the tails - they are blocky and very wrinky with shoulders similar to a BrainStrain.  I'm putting it down to mixed seed.

Thanks for the responses!

Cheers

Back