• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Variegated JPGS??

Well I'm right now watering the plants and 4 my surprise it seems like one jays peach gs has throw a greenpale spot or what it call it non chlorophyll spots.
I know it's not a true variegation but it could be a start, as this is usual on F1 variegated hybrids or just the first sign of a natural variegated gen.
Anyone knows if this has happened on JPGS?
I remember hearing about variegation but dunno if was on pink tiger or jay's peach ghost scorpion
It's hella crazy for my as im working for 2 years to variegate many superhots including JPGS with no success on it till this season pods, but looks like they refuse variegated annum pollen, I'll keep trying next season hoping I find variegated Chinnese x annum on the F2 pods

Attachments

• IMG_20200916_003144.jpg
    IMG_20200916_003144.jpg
    111.1 KB · Views: 114
  • IMG_20200916_003151.jpg
    IMG_20200916_003151.jpg
    101.9 KB · Views: 103
If you have a variegated gene here, it needs to be brought out more. Grow a handful of seed up from this plant and if a variegated gene is hidden, you should see it turn homozygous in at least a few of the progeny which would give you a clearly variegated phenotype to enjoy. 

PollenNut said:
[font=comic sans ms']If you have a variegated ge[/font][font=Times New Roman']ne here, it [/size][/font][font=Times New Roman']needs to be brought out more. Grow a ha[/size][/font][font=Times New Roman']ndful of seed up from this pla[/size][/font][font=Times New Roman']nt a[/size][/font][font=Times New Roman']nd if a variegated ge[/size][/font][font=Times New Roman']ne is hidde[/size][/font][font=Times New Roman']n, you should see it tur[/size][/font][font=Times New Roman']n homozygous i[/size][/font][font=Times New Roman']n at least a few of the proge[/size][/font][font=Times New Roman']ny which would give you a clearly variegated phe[/size][/font][font=Times New Roman']notype to e[/size][/font][font=Times New Roman']njoy. [/size][/font]
Yeaah I'll have it on mind jej as to develop a pure var JPGS I have to pop as max seeds I could and make F2 with the most variegated ones annd it's a bit difficult to me
But really I've already cross it with couple var hybrids I'm working jej some are F2 from both variegated parentals so I'll hope to find there more possibility but changing the pod morphology, as Im space limited so not for now a pure var JPGS

Back