• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Variety suggestions

Right now I'm sticking with a regular red Habanero from a store bought fruit just to get the hang of what it is to grow something - a test if you will. I'm most certainly not a chilli-head (I'm still not used to really spicy foods) but I'd like to be in the future.
What I'd like to ask is: Could anyone suggest a hot 6-8 (if based 1-10 where 1 = paprika (sweet pepper?) 10 = the liquid death of a scorpion or reaper) pepper to grow that has the characteristics of a "wrinkly" fruit surface?

trinidad_7_pod_primo.jpg

I'd like to try and order something but I have very little room to grow (one south facing windowsill) and I'd like to settle for a single plant. 

Thank you in advice!

coachspencerxc said:
Blistery surface is unique to superhots but check out CARDI Yellow or Red, Chocolate Scorpion for some good heat & shape.
Good call.
Gotta agree with yellow scorpion CARDI.  Mild in the super hot category and very attractive.

Moruga, you have some great dna there.  I got mine from Refining Fire Chili.  They show what I call that other pod shape, no tail, funky ribs.  Not downing him.  The site says they can go either way.

ajdrew said:
Moruga, you have some great dna there.  I got mine from Refining Fire Chili.  They show what I call that other pod shape, no tail, funky ribs.  Not downing him.  The site says they can go either way.

Same with Coach and his yellow brain strain. Those were picture perfect and I agree with those that say they're not crazy nuclear hot.

I will most likely be ordering from pepperlover.com because they offer free shipping. I live in Eastern-Europe (Latvia) so expenses towards shipping can actually outweigh the cost of the seeds.

I highly appreciate the suggestions. Thank you to everyone! 

Pepperlover is a great place. You won't be disappointed. I just ordered from her and shipping is fast. I believe that's Judy's site. She'll take good care of you.

Tim

Back