• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Very tall Congo and Bhut

Love the worm juice. Here's the proof of the growth boosting value. My Congo Blacks and Bhut Jolokias are way over my head high.

tallcongo.jpg

In this photo, my Congo is almost to the garage roof gutter. Bhut's down the back yard are the same.

Now yer talking...........and people ask me why would I start my seedlings so early?.........so I can have one of those!

cool man, ............any close-up shots of the pods?

Greg..

Nice tall plants. How productive are they, and are the bottoms more productive than the tops?

Glad you asked. As with the other post ive showed a bit earlier, It was literaly covered in pods. From this picture - I've already thinned them out. I have half filled my freezer with very large (some the size of Roma Tomatoes) pods. Here is some earlier shot - and they got a little bigger when they turned dark brown.

2011-11-29063050.jpg

2011-11-29063016.jpg

Very nice.
Are you getting much production on the tops, or more on the bottoms where there is shade

You can't realy tell from this pic ( you can just make out some green ones above my head if yoou look close). But before, my wife cleared a whole bunch of em. So yes there were some on the top..a lot in fact.

Cheers

headshot.jpg

nice plants with good size, but I don't think you can contribute it all to worm juice...not saying it didn't replace a regular fertilize regimen, but my plants in Mississippi last year were over 7' tall and very productive...

I don't mean to be a downer here and I understand the benefits of worm juice, just saying you can get there other ways...

nice plants with good size, but I don't think you can contribute it all to worm juice...not saying it didn't replace a regular fertilize regimen, but my plants in Mississippi last year were over 7' tall and very productive...

I don't mean to be a downer here and I understand the benefits of worm juice, just saying you can get there other ways...
Hey, I'm all for the sharing of idea's - What was your secret. I'm sure there would be others here that don't have resources to build and maintain a worm farm who may benifit from another method more attainable for them.........In other words "Do Tell" :lol:

i have a tabasco plant thats atleast 6' tall at the moment with a stem thats like 1-1/2" thick. all its ever seen is a 10 gallon container and dirt cheep self mixed chemical nutrients.
whats inside worm juice anyway?

Hey, I'm all for the sharing of idea's - What was your secret. I'm sure there would be others here that don't have resources to build and maintain a worm farm who may benifit from another method more attainable for them.........In other words "Do Tell" :lol:

I wish I could tell...my cousin was growing them for me...

Some varieties, especially the Trinidads and Bhuts I have grown simply grow bigger than others do...genetics?...probably...I just use a standard 10-10-10 pelletized fertilize when I transplant to 5 gallon containers then side dress with it about every 2-3 weeks...the plants have a very well developed root ball when they are transplanted and I give them Botanicare products from the time they sprout until plantout...after that, the soil I use in my containers is about 1/3 compost, 1/3 Potting soil and 1/3 recycled soil...anything you can do to promote good root ball development is going to increase the size of your plants and I see that the worm juice is doing it for you....I wish I could grow in the ground...the plants in Mississippi were grown in some of the most fertile and rich farmland in the world and my cousin used his own methods which I didn't discuss with him...I just told him to keep on doing what he was doing as far as the fertilize regimen goes after I saw they were 4' tall 3 months after transplant......

sorry for the derail of your thread Dazastar...your plants are gorgeous and you should be proud...I sure didn't mean to sound critical but now that I re-read the post, it seems that is the way it came across...

I just use a standard 10-10-10 pelletized fertilize when I transplant to 5 gallon containers then side dress with it about every 2-3 weeks...
what fertilizer is that if you dont mind me asking. ive been looking for some sort of time released fertilizer other than osmocote.

Sick plants man. I have considered given the juice a shot this season. It may not be all the juice, but I know that everyone that has used it really likes it. I think the biggest pain is the fact that you actually have to brew it instead of just droppin some on the ground or spraying it on your plants. What is your process? Brew with airstones, mix in a bucket??

But, thanks for sharing.

what fertilizer is that if you dont mind me asking. ive been looking for some sort of time released fertilizer other than osmocote.

I get it at home depot...I think it may be vigaro....

Back