• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Very tall Congo and Bhut

Sick plants man. I have considered given the juice a shot this season. It may not be all the juice, but I know that everyone that has used it really likes it. I think the biggest pain is the fact that you actually have to brew it instead of just droppin some on the ground or spraying it on your plants. What is your process? Brew with airstones, mix in a bucket??

But, thanks for sharing.
Just tap the run off, mix 10 to one in a watering can and water the base.

I wish I could tell...my cousin was growing them for me...

Some varieties, especially the Trinidads and Bhuts I have grown simply grow bigger than others do...genetics?...probably...I just use a standard 10-10-10 pelletized fertilize when I transplant to 5 gallon containers then side dress with it about every 2-3 weeks...the plants have a very well developed root ball when they are transplanted and I give them Botanicare products from the time they sprout until plantout...after that, the soil I use in my containers is about 1/3 compost, 1/3 Potting soil and 1/3 recycled soil...anything you can do to promote good root ball development is going to increase the size of your plants and I see that the worm juice is doing it for you....I wish I could grow in the ground...the plants in Mississippi were grown in some of the most fertile and rich farmland in the world and my cousin used his own methods which I didn't discuss with him...I just told him to keep on doing what he was doing as far as the fertilize regimen goes after I saw they were 4' tall 3 months after transplant......

sorry for the derail of your thread Dazastar...your plants are gorgeous and you should be proud...I sure didn't mean to sound critical but now that I re-read the post, it seems that is the way it came across...

No, I didn't take it as a derail at all. The whole purpose is to share ideas - and your 100 percent right. The big picture (excuse the pun) is to get em big. So how ever you get em to the 7 foot mark...post away on this thread - all is welcome.

i have a tabasco plant thats atleast 6' tall at the moment with a stem thats like 1-1/2" thick. all its ever seen is a 10 gallon container and dirt cheep self mixed chemical nutrients.
whats inside worm juice anyway?
Got this from the chilli factory
Worm juice consists of a number of components that provide benefits to plant health.
  1. Nitrogen, Phosphorous and Potassium are available in a high number of plant-available forms to allow nutrient absorption through all plant pathways.
  2. Plant growth promoters (plant hormones) are also detected in the product. These include (but are not limited to) Auxins, Cytokinins and Gibberellins all of which regulate cell development, growth and elongation.
  3. Microbial loading is very high in worm juice. There are a number of beneficial bacteria that offer synergistic assistance to the plant. Such bacteria colonise the plant rhizosphere (root zone) to extend root surface area and thus increase nutrient/water absorption capabilities. The bacteria also often produce localised chemicals that prevent further colonisation of pathogenic (disease-causing) microbes.
  4. Chitin (a key component of insect exoskeletons) is also contained in worm juice. When detected around plant roots, signalling mechanisms trigger the plant to produce defence chemicals that are shipped all over the plant to deter feeding insects (e.g. aphids, thrips, white flies, caterpillars).
As a summary worm juice feeds plants thoroughly, permits optimal growth regulation, offers microbial pathogen resistance, pest resistance and drought resistance.

Got this from the chilli factory
Worm juice consists of a number of components that provide benefits to plant health.
  1. Nitrogen, Phosphorous and Potassium are available in a high number of plant-available forms to allow nutrient absorption through all plant pathways.
  2. Plant growth promoters (plant hormones) are also detected in the product. These include (but are not limited to) Auxins, Cytokinins and Gibberellins all of which regulate cell development, growth and elongation.
  3. Microbial loading is very high in worm juice. There are a number of beneficial bacteria that offer synergistic assistance to the plant. Such bacteria colonise the plant rhizosphere (root zone) to extend root surface area and thus increase nutrient/water absorption capabilities. The bacteria also often produce localised chemicals that prevent further colonisation of pathogenic (disease-causing) microbes.
  4. Chitin (a key component of insect exoskeletons) is also contained in worm juice. When detected around plant roots, signalling mechanisms trigger the plant to produce defence chemicals that are shipped all over the plant to deter feeding insects (e.g. aphids, thrips, white flies, caterpillars).
As a summary worm juice feeds plants thoroughly, permits optimal growth regulation, offers microbial pathogen resistance, pest resistance and drought resistance.

Thanks for sharing, Daz. I've been wondering about the specifics.

No. 4 still hasn't been doing anything to stop mite bastages from attacking my plants though. :mad:

Nice tall plants. How productive are they, and are the bottoms more productive than the tops?

Here's another close up. I lifted the branch thats above my head.....Still heaps there I missed.

underthehood.jpg

10-10-10 all the way outdoors, in the planting holes and side dressing. I generally cover it in the planting holes with a few handfuls of compost before setting the plant in. No direct contact with the root zone at planting time. Hence, no immediate transplant shock. I can't remember the brand name. From a local nursury in the bulk section.

Greg

Back