• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Very Very Cheap LED Grow Panel

smokemaster,

You seem knowledgeable, what do you think about this, at about 1/4 the cost in electricity to run, perhaps a homegrown solution to this one would
work for you. I am betting a clever but patient hobbyist could make one of these for about $150 versus the $399 price. Full spectrum, same light spectrum as HPS lamp, and no ballast either. An idea worth pursuing ?

Ghosty...

smokemaster,

You seem knowledgeable, what do you think about this, at about 1/4 the cost in electricity to run, perhaps a homegrown solution to this one would
work for you. I am betting a clever but patient hobbyist could make one of these for about $150 versus the $399 price. Full spectrum, same light spectrum as HPS lamp, and no ballast either. An idea worth pursuing ?

Ghosty...

if you're gonna spend that much cash, you should just buy one from rapid LED and build one yourself with 3W cree LED and make an amazing fixture with power to spare... that one is 4 bills and only 30-something watts...? that sounds super shady... well to me....

check out guillo's thread and his LED fixtures...

if you're gonna spend that much cash, you should just buy one from rapid LED and build one yourself with 3W cree LED and make an amazing fixture with power to spare... that one is 4 bills and only 30-something watts...? that sounds super shady... well to me....

Will do gumbii, linky ?

Ghosty...

I bought one of these panels last year for £20 from fleabay, while I cannot give an expert review of them because I am a relatively new grower
I have to say the seedlings under the light did perform better than the ones I couldn't fit under it.

building your own LED light is by far the best way to go. If anyone has any questions on how to build one feel free to let me know.

Back