• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

video Video reviews - unexpected reactions.

Masher said:

I agree 100% everyone level is different....I had a serrano one time that left blisters in my mouth. Insanely hot.

My post above was directed at the idiot youtube stars doing outrageous stunts to get likes, $$$ and advertising.

Heck even chili peppers give me a nice little buzz after eating an entire jar  ;)

this i very true for people like us that take pepper serious to watch those videos... but ill be damned if i dont take advantage of the idiot brigade that dominates todays television and internet era... Nigel, peter s, hippy, all go to spots for serious pepper heads.. but for views and name recognition, those videos dont get enough views or likes etc... where as i will do serious reviews of my peppers for places and people like thp here, i sure as hell am gonna be filming and looking for the jackass reactions of idiots that agree to try my peppers as i film in order to go viral and get clicks to spread my seeds and pods name around... there are videos like that where a single video has 7million views... more than every serious pepper review video combined from every serious channel combined... you cant beat that kind of exposure when doing this for business and pleasure...

like you, i dont like watching the morons overreact anymore... once or twice was amusing then its just annoying... but this is an era where the kardasians are a thing and trump is president... stupidity sells.. and i will take advantage of that...

I don't watch too many pod reviews, honestly. However, I have liked Paul M. Tonkin for a few years. He has no overreaction to anything. A really calm bloke. Only in the last year did I start watching Hippy Seed, and I really enjoy what happens there. Neil's reactions are so genuine with the flavors.. "Oh wow!" He's like a kid with candy. I got turned on to Nigel a couple of years ago when I was trying to find information on the Mako Akokosrade and I have enjoyed what I've seen from him as well. As much as I love heat, my tolerance for eating supers is damn near zero, so maybe I am burning vicariously through these gents!

Back