• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Vincent 2011 season

Part 5: even more chinense

Mulo de Tiro
MdT-04.jpg

Pimenta Elisa AISPES (1)
PimEl-04.jpg

Pimenta Elisa AISPES (2)
PimEl-05.jpg

Pimenta Tiger AISPES (1)
PimTi-04.jpg

Pimenta Tiger AISPES (2)
PimTi-05.jpg

Strange Jolokia AISPES
sja-02.jpg

Trinidad Scorpion ButchT
TSBT-04.jpg

Part 6: the last batch of chinense

Trinidad Scorpion Chocolate
TSChoc-04.jpg

Trinidad Scorpion Chocolate AISPES (1)
TSCA-04.jpg

Trinidad Scorpion Chocolate AISPES (2)
TSCA-05.jpg

Trinidad Scorpion FG Mustard
TSFGM-02.jpg

Trinidad Scorpion Sunrise
TSSun-03.jpg

Trinidad Scorpion Yellow SR
TSYSR-04.jpg

Yellow Buffalo AISPES
YB-04.jpg

Yucatan White
YucWh-03.jpg

Wow! Vincent some very nice indoor starts and some of the biggest elephant ears leaves I've seen. Just goes to show what capsicum crazed addict can do if he only has a balcony. Good luck this season your doing something right. ;)

:eek:

Those leaves are massive. When the season is over you could use them like tobacco leaves and roll a few cigars!!

Do you think it is because of the lights? When they go out to the balcony do they drop some leaves and grow smaller ones? From the look of the healthy plants I'm assuming you've done this before. :P

Wow! Vincent some very nice indoor starts and some of the biggest elephant ears leaves I've seen. Just goes to show what capsicum crazed addict can do if he only has a balcony. Good luck this season your doing something right. ;)

:eek:

Those leaves are massive. When the season is over you could use them like tobacco leaves and roll a few cigars!!

Do you think it is because of the lights? When they go out to the balcony do they drop some leaves and grow smaller ones? From the look of the healthy plants I'm assuming you've done this before. :P

Thanks. This is my third growing season but the first with these 200Watt CFL's. The first 2 seasons I used T5 bulbs which also worked but not as well as this year :)
Last 2 seasons I didn't notice any leaf drop so I'm hoping this year will be the same.

I did change one more thing this year. In my first 2 seasons I mainly used chilli focus as fertilizer. This year I switched to powdered bat guano. I use it mixed in the soil and I make my own liquid fertilizer with it and so far I think the plants love the stuff :)

This update has been long overdue. Early may I repotted the plants to 10 liter pots and 10 varieties to 30 liter containers and moved the plants to the balcony. After that I have been sick and the weather has been shit, all I have seen is strong wind and lots of rain. Now we finally have weather that kinda looks like summer so I decided to take some pictures :)

I will start with a shot of the balcony. On the first pic you can see the 'large'area of the balcony, all plants here are in 10 liter pots. On the second pic you see the small strip of extra balcony. On here are the 30 liter containers. The following plants are in these large containers: Rocoto Canario, Dedo de Moca Amarela, Trinidad Scorpion ButchT, Aji de Gorrita, Infinity, Pimenta Elisa AISPES, Pimenta Tiger Aispes, Mulo de Tiro, CM AISPES en Stefania AISPES.

30juni-1.jpg

30juni-2.jpg

and now some plant pictures

Stefania AISPES (C. annuum)
stef-05.jpg

Broome Chile (C. annuum)
BrCh-06.jpg

Aji de Gorrita (C. annuum)
adegor-05.jpg

Dedo de Moca Amarela (C. baccatum)
ddma-04.jpg

Infinity (C. chinense)
InfIan-08.jpg

Mulo de Tiro (C. chinense)
MdT-05.jpg

MdT-06.jpg

Pimenta Elisa AISPES (C. chinense)
PimEl-06.jpg

Pimenta Tiger AISPES (C. chinense)
PimTi-06.jpg

Aji Chay (C. frutescens)
Achay-05.jpg

Rocoto Canario (C. pubescens)
RocCan-06.jpg

Vladan's Beauty (Variegata x CAP 1546)
VB-06.jpg

CM AISPES (Chupetinho x Madagascar)
CMA-07.jpg

oh and the persian jirds gave birth to 6 healthy babies :)

MerPer-06.jpg

MerPer-07.jpg

Holy smokes Vincent you've got a jungle growing outside your patio door! Keep an eye out for lions tigers and bears dude. The plants look like you're going to end up being knee deep in pods this year. You are obviously doing things right.

The Persian Jirds are looking very cute, congrats on the new babies.

Hope you get to feeling better my friend and best of luck to you.

You have nice plants. They do look like they need that sun. If it keeps on growing the same way you will have a big harvest of pods! Do you have the mesh to stop birds?

Holy smokes Vincent you've got a jungle growing outside your patio door! Keep an eye out for lions tigers and bears dude. The plants look like you're going to end up being knee deep in pods this year. You are obviously doing things right.

The Persian Jirds are looking very cute, congrats on the new babies.

Hope you get to feeling better my friend and best of luck to you.

thanks patrick

You have nice plants. They do look like they need that sun. If it keeps on growing the same way you will have a big harvest of pods! Do you have the mesh to stop birds?

thanks. yes the mesh is to stop birds

Back