• This is the place to discuss all spicy commerical products, not just sauce!

condiment Vintage Hot Sauce / BBQ Sauce Identification?

So me and my GF watch a ton of movies and Im always pointing out scenes in diners where there is hot sauce on the table (most always Tabasco), but upon a recent watching of Smokey and the Bandit on blu ray, I noticed that there was some sauce of some sort on the counter at the "choke and puke" / bus stop place they stop at. Just wondering if anyone knows what this sauce is? The scene itself was filmed at an "Old Hickory House" BBQ joint just outside of Atlanta, GA (since demolished). The bottle is almost as tall as a standard glass bottle of Heinz ketchup. Im thinking it might be Trappeys? The movie was filmed in 1976. I cannot find any photos of vintage Trappeys bottles from that era but in the photo you can almost make out the "YS" in the band near the top and trappeys currently has green caps. Cany anyone confirm this?

wiz5.jpg

yup trappeys. ive never heard of it but i googled searched it. i also have been looking through some smoky and the bandit trivia no mention of the hot sauce. but they did talk about the sandwhich that gleason ordered "the diablo"

Back