• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Viparspectra XS1500

I started using the Viparspectra XS1500, it looks just like the 'P' series they came out with earlier in the year, but has upgraded Samsung LM301B diodes and Meanwell driver. I'm currently testing with some carnivorous plants I just got, but it'll go into production with my pepper starts next season. Here's a YouTube video of it showing the unboxing, power tests and set up. I'll post updates on how it does.

https://youtu.be/5SlQEPP4lW4

Not too expensive light. I was expecting a bit higher price but 160$ is not bad and in the EU 174€. Seems decent PAR and good spectrum but I was hoping UV light. But UV LEDs are pricey. It's probably wiser to buy reptile UV fluorescent light it's much cost friendly and UV light helps resin and oil production on kannabis plants. It probably help oil and capsaicinoids production on chilies too. 

Karpasruuti said:
Not too expensive light. I was expecting a bit higher price but 160$ is not bad and in the EU 174€. Seems decent PAR and good spectrum but I was hoping UV light. But UV LEDs are pricey. It's probably wiser to buy reptile UV fluorescent light it's much cost friendly and UV light helps resin and oil production on kannabis plants. It probably help oil and capsaicinoids production on chilies too. 
I think it's a pretty fair price for the specs and materials they use. I didn't know that about the UV lights. I guess you could supplement with a reptile light. Do you know if plants respond better to UV-A or UV-B? I used to have reptile, and had a UV-B light for it.

@Peter S I have UVB 10 light and it's 13W. I have small space for it and it can grow 2-3 small chilies. The lamp is quite close to the chilies. Maybe 15 cm. No issues so far. For my understanding they need more UVA than UVB but both lenghts are useful. And they always name it UVB light and it's emit also UVA light too of course. I have compined two different LED lights to get 300W for 78 x 47 cm growing area. 5-6W of that is UV light. 

My UVB light has UVA light three times more than UVB.

Back