• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Viral Disease? Help!

Hey all, 

Here's another strange symptom that popped up on one of my Chinenses. This is a Weapon X  plant that begun showing these symptoms a few weeks back. 

It does not seem to be affecting the growth, but it's certainly raising an eyebrow. 

Could this be the dreaded mosaic? or just light burn.

Attachments

• Pepper 1.jpg
    Pepper 1.jpg
    100 KB · Views: 64
  • Pepper 2.jpg
    Pepper 2.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 60
  • Pepper 3.jpg
    Pepper 3.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 54
solid7 said:
Are you currently feeding these? If so, what, when, etc...
Hey Solid, 

I'm feeding them Alaska Fish Emulsion at half strength every other week. (Normally a 5-1-1, diluted to 2.5-0.5-0.5.) 

I treated the root ball with Azos and Mykos  before re potting from the seed tray to the solo cup. 

All of my other peppers are on the same regimen, and the other Chinenses seem healthy and are growing like crazy. I've switched to straight water with this one to eliminate the potential for nutrient burn. 

What exactly is wrong with the plant? Something looks a little different, but I can't really tell what you're seeing. Anything necrotic?

solid7 said:
What exactly is wrong with the plant? Something looks a little different, but I can't really tell what you're seeing. Anything necrotic?
Slight to moderate mottled yellowing of most mature leaves w/ defined margin. Nothing necrotic, but focal dry brown spots on proximal half of lower leaves. Close up images attached.  Edit- New growth seems asymptomatic. 

Attachments

• Pepper 4.jpg
    Pepper 4.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 50
  • Pepper 5.jpg
    Pepper 5.jpg
    110.5 KB · Views: 52
  • Pepper 6.jpg
    Pepper 6.jpg
    99.9 KB · Views: 55
Back