• If you can't find a "Hot" category that fits, post it here!

Virgin Heat

Today I was afforded an opportunity to finally try NJA's new sauce Virgin Heat and I have to say, IT IS A WINNER! First I'll start off by explaining that my first taste was simply a finger taste and I'll qualify this by explaining that my finger tastes are done by dipping my finger to the first knuckle and then tasting. WOW!!! At first there is a sweetness to this sauce that leads one into a false sense of security and then after a few seconds go by, the full potential of this sauce hits the back of your mouth and let me tell you, it is an awesome burn. The heat wasn't so intense that I need any liquids to quench it, but very, very pleasant.

I then made my lunch which was a pasta with veggies and some leftover BBQ pork all mixed in with a tomato/Parmesan sauce. In went a healthy dose of Virgin Heat. This sauce made the whole meal stand out. It seemed that everything was intensified. I can't seem to put my finger on the flavors of this sauce, but do know that it is by far my favorite over the other 2 that NJA has sent me. This sauce is so well balanced that it'll have you begging for more.

Thank you NJA, you masterful creator of the Virgin Heat. God Bless!

Pepperfreak,,

Thanks for your candid review about my 'VIRGIN HEAT" sauce.

The spices are a mix of very exotic known and lesser known spices over heare.

Some spices are peculiar to India only.

You must try this sauce (or whatever is left of it  LOL) with chicken wings,and ribs.

I would be happy to get some more details from you when you treat your friends using this sauce in one of the foods mentioned above.

Evaluations hold a great encouragement value to me .

thanks buddy

NJA

NJA ... Nuff respects ! PF gave you a nice review except for maybe adding to left-overs. Sorry PF you have should have made something that "high-lighted" the "VIRGIN HEAT". We all know you could of .... Like a chicken breast added to what you did. It was left-over pork .......

NJA... now living in the flat lands of Texas I must confess I'm no expert on Indian food. We had a real nice restaurant here but 'Rillo didn't support them. ( That SUCKED ) Any larger city I get to one of the first food places I look for is a good Indian restaurant. Now having been to only a dozen or so Indian places ...I've never seen an "Indian Table Sauce "
Is there something I didn't see ? At Mexican eateries you always see several "side sauces" . Same at Thai and other Oriental places.

NJA you're description of exotic spices, lesser know spices sounds sweet !! Besides wings .... How else would you use this sauce?

Peace & have fun kickin' out the good stuff,
P. Dreadie

I agree with Dreadie. I too was confused by the testing of the sauce on leftovers, and a dish that already had a sauce, with something as strong as parmesan. There's no way you can fairly judge that sauce like that. Basically you used the sauce to kick something up, which is fine for eating, but it doesn't give us much info or highlight the sauce. I have no idea of what the sauce is like because all you really said was sweetness and flavors you can't identify.

Part 2 maybe?

NJA ... Nuff respects ! PF gave you a nice review except for maybe adding to left-overs.  Sorry PF you have should have made something that "high-lighted"  the "VIRGIN HEAT". We all know you could of .... Like a chicken breast added to what you did. It was left-over pork .......

NJA... now living in the flat lands of Texas I must confess I'm no expert on Indian food. We had a real nice restaurant  here but 'Rillo didn't support them. ( That SUCKED ) Any larger city I get to one of the first food places I look for is a good Indian restaurant. Now having been to only a dozen or so Indian places ...I've never seen an "Indian Table Sauce "
Is there something I didn't see ? At  Mexican eateries you always see several "side sauces" . Same at Thai and other Oriental  places.

NJA you're description of exotic spices, lesser know spices sounds sweet !! Besides wings .... How else would you use this sauce?

Peace & have fun kickin' out the good stuff,
P. Dreadie

Dreadie,

No Indian eatery would have any sauce  except green chilli sauce and  a must have Tabsasco ( these are usually found in High End eateries).

Generally the sauces are absent because Indian cusine has no chilli sauces. Instead we have Pickles.

So you would never have found sauces there.

When I wanted to create a sauce, I had only western Sauces in mind albeit with different spices .I did have a run of diff sauces in local eateries here,

to know spices used,pH and salt level.

I set about making my own after that.

What you would find in my sauce is totally different taste and flavor.

NJA

I agree with Dreadie. I too was confused by the testing of the sauce on leftovers, and a dish that already had a sauce, with something as strong as parmesan. There's no way you can fairly judge that sauce like that. Basically you used the sauce to kick something up, which is fine for eating, but it doesn't give us much info or highlight the sauce. I have no idea of what the sauce is like because all you really said was sweetness and flavors you can't identify.

Part 2 maybe?

TPH,

I will come back to you later. as I have to put my grand daughter to sleep.

NJA

Ok I am free now at 5.11 pm and ready to discuss.

I agree with you that he should have tasted the sauce ALONE and not in conjunction with any other sauces.

Actually I had written to him today early morning that he must try it with Chicken wings or Ribs etc.

Then he would truly know the actual flavor and taste.

I would be very happy to send you a sample if you desire so.

NJA

Thanks for the offer I may take one at a later date when I have time to post feedback but I don't have enough time to do it justice right now. I do a lot of chicken and ribs so I will try that if I do, no rub or sauce, just VH. I'm curious about the flavor. If I ended up liking the flavor I'd go back to using rubs and try it with both.

First I want to say that I did try the sauce ALONE, it was a big glob on my finger. Second, this was a quick testing and a quick review of my findings. I felt I owed NJA that. If you have read my other reviews of his sauces, you will know that I try the sauces on more foods and in differing dishes and write about each one. Now that I'm back to work, it sometimes takes me awhile to do all of the cooking that I like because of my 2 to 10 PM schedule. Please be patient folks. I was simply trying to let NJA know that this sauce ROCKS! and I can't wait to try it on other things.

NJA, again thank you for making a superb sauce...

I do have a craving for some wings and hopefully tonight when I get home I can cook up a half dozen or so and mop them real good with this sauce. Pics will be included of course.

Well, I'm back and I must edit what I have previously reported. This sauce has some serious heat, when used as a wing sauce. I have a 15-20 min burn and my lips are on fire. But, wow......this sauce is absolutely awesome!

Tonight upon returning home from work, I cooked up 6 wings and then mopped them in Virgin Heat and baked for another 10 minutes. The first bite to the last morsel had a wonderful flavor and please don't persecute me for saying this, but as used as a wing sauce, this is comparable to The Creator's sauce. I was sweating and drinking and crying throughout eating my wings, it was great.

This sauce seems to have a full, complex and clean taste to it. There is no after taste and no over powering vinegar flavor to it. Unfortunately, I can not put my finger on a specific flavor or spice since it is well balanced and is perfectly blended together, producing a wonderfully hot harmony in the mouth. Heck, I'm not even sure of the pepper(s) used for this sauce and am hoping (pleading) that NJA at least shares what peppers where used, as that would alleviate at least one mystery for me.

Again, NJA, this is an amazing sauce and in my opinion is far greater than the earlier 2 that you most graciously shared with me and I loved them! This sauce, in my opinion is worth thinking about finding a packer to bottle this for selling. I truly think you have something great here.

Tonight's Chicken Wings
DSCF4119.jpg

BTW, it has now been 35 minutes since finishing my wings and my lips are still tingling. :lol:

That more intense burn is from cooking with it straight. So the flavors are a mystery, huh? Thanks for round #2. Would you describe it as tangy, sweet, salty? Looks like a wing sauce.

That more intense burn is from cooking with it straight. So the flavors are a mystery, huh? Thanks for round #2. Would you describe it as tangy, sweet, salty? Looks like a wing sauce.

I still say it has a sweet undertone to it, as I described in round #1.

I guess I just suck as a reviewer, but in all fairness, this sauce is a mystery to me. Like I said I can't even pick the type of pepper(s) used. Everything is so well balanced that whatever the ingredients are, they completely complement each other and they become one.

No you don't. It's probably because it's Indian spices with peppers. Reviewing is hard and a lot of reviewers read ingredients first and then act like they picked out the flavors lol. Blind is the best way. I was just curious since a wing sauce to me is usually really tangy and he suggested it on wings. If it has tang and Indian spices I am going to like it. More sweet than tang I may BBQ. I may need to take him up on his offer.

No you don't. It's probably because it's Indian spices with peppers. Reviewing is hard and a lot of reviewers read ingredients first and then act like they picked out the flavors lol. Blind is the best way. I was just curious since a wing sauce to me is usually really tangy and he suggested it on wings. If it has tang and Indian spices I am going to like it. More sweet than tang I may BBQ. I may need to take him up on his offer.

Thanks. You are right, going at it blind is really difficult. Usually I rarely look at ingredients when trying a sauce and I can usually pick out at least one flavor. This one though, I'm feeling lost lol. I do know that it is a great sauce and I would love to see an ingredient list, but I doubt he will share it lol. I think this would be fantastic on ribs, like he also suggested and I am going to save some specifically for round #3, ribs! I would take him up on his offer and try it, I think you'd really enjoy this sauce.

PF, maybe save round 3 ribs for Grillin' & Chillin'!

Pepperfreak,

I am very thankful to you for going out all the way to use my sauce with wings and taking the trouble posting the pictures to prove a point.

I , this time , had decided to mask the pepper flavor and at the same time not give an over powering flavor to the sauce.

This time, I used a little sweetness in a bit more quantity and also heat in more quantity to justify the name 'VIRGIN HEAT"

Who can ever forget their first times?

The pain, The pleasure and mysterious musky smell of each other  and ultimate bliss of that event can never be forgotten.

I translated the same in usage of Heat by using Bhuts and Orange Habs.

The musky odour of hot bodies was translated by using Mysterious spices.

The Bliss was translated into giving a little extra sweetness (slightly more than the previous sauces).

The color (This is my biggest secret) is orangish red to emphasize the color of Passion.

I am happy that you were stumped about both Peppers I used and Spices I used.

I am sure in days to come, I would be creating some other sauces and Salsas which people would never forget.

Actually Next to come your way will be my BRAVE HEART SALSA  and INDIAN SUMMER BBQ SAUCE.

Gimme some time.

NJA

Pepperfreak,

I am very thankful to you for going out all the way to use my sauce with wings and taking the trouble posting the pictures to prove a point.

I , this time , had decided to mask the pepper flavor and at the same time not give an over powering flavor to the sauce.

This time, I used a little sweetness in a bit more quantity and also heat in more quantity to justify the name 'VIRGIN HEAT"

Who can ever forget their first times?

The pain, The pleasure and mysterious musky smell of each other  and ultimate bliss of that event can never be forgotten.

I translated the same in usage of Heat by using Bhuts and Orange Habs.

The musky odour of hot bodies was translated by using Mysterious spices.

The Bliss was translated into giving a little extra sweetness (slightly more than the previous sauces).

The color (This is my biggest secret) is orangish red to emphasize the color of Passion.

I am happy that you were stumped about both Peppers I used and Spices I used.

I am sure in days to come, I would be creating some other sauces and Salsas which people would never forget.

Actually Next to come your way will be my BRAVE HEART SALSA  and INDIAN SUMMER BBQ SAUCE.

Gimme some time.

NJA

That right there is how you know someone has passion for what they are making.... Well done.

Back