• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Virus?

Greenguru said:
If you know you been feeding them the guys are right about MAG

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

I borrowed this description of Magnesium deficiency from World of Chillies, "Magnesium helps support healthy leaf tissue, in particular leaf veins. It aids photosynthesis and is needed in quite large quantities. Deficiency is characterised by chlorosis of lower leaves, from the leaf tips moving inwards, sometimes just around the leaf margins. The affected areas can become pale yellow with leaf veins remaining green. Plant growth is stunted." The bold parts are all different to the progression of yellowing in my plants.

I don't know what the heck is wrong with them, if it is not a virus, but due to the overwhelming consensus that it is not a virus... I've decided not to burn them immediately. Rather, I am moving them about fifty yards away from the rest of the plants, where they will be free to live or die as they choose. I've also changed the nutrient solution.

I'll be back with the results when something happens. Thanks All.

MrGlen said:
I have the basil and thyme seed, just need to plant. I like spearmint, think I saw some living ones for sale at the supermarket the other day. The nasturtium looks particularly interesting as well, being edible and all. Thanks.
I'm sorry, I actually meant to say peppermint. You really want peppermint.

I went through it when I started growing and the pepper plants really depend on magnesium and other Trace elements like I said if you have been feeding them a balanced food and you know it wasn't just nitrogen that the plant needed it has to be the trace elements but taking effect if your over-watering or any of the other elements that maybe happening only you can figure that out and as I said when I first started super hot peppers they had the magnesium deficiency you will see a difference on the next set of leaves happy happy happy face burning fun AKA green Guru

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Sulphur deficiency looks like something similar to what you have going on there.
Although you said you are feeding them plenty so perhaps more a case of what you are feeding them not having enough trace nutes or too much nutrients causing pH to be off causing a nutrient lock out?

Back