• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

soil Vortex Potting Soil

Anyone ever try this stuff?

http://www.ladybugbrand.com/products/Vortex-Potting-Soil.asp

I tried making my own potting mix last year consisting of peat moss, cow manure, and perillite. Peppers just didn't seem to do very well. It really wasn't too cheap either. So I thought if I'm going to spend the money I may as well just get what I want. I called a local nursery to ask if they had any "native" potting soil and they acted like they had no clue what I was talking about, but she did bring up Vortex potting soil which is out of Austin.

I've also read a lot of people using Pro Mix. Lowe's has that stuff. I wouldn't mind doing that either.

Just thought I would see if anyone had any experience with Vortex or any success.

Thanks

Vortex is good stuff...made in Texas.

Also look at Urban Farms Texas Tomato Food, another good Texas made product.

Thanks armac. I followed you some last year because you are one of the only other Texas grower I know of on here. Your plants seem to kill it! Of course McAllen,TX and Lubbock are 2 opposite ends of the world hehe. Is Urban Farms what you use on your peppers? Thanks again!

Back