• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

contest VOTE! Best Burger! OVERALL Burger Royal Winner

Who is the overall Burger Royale Winner?!

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Hot Pepper

Founder
Admin
Who made the BEST BURGER?

It is a beef, veggie, or alternative burger? You decide!

All of King's burgers were amazing but i'm glad he won on the one he did, it was beautifully presented and made my mouth water.

I don't know.... for some reason WD's burger comes across to me as any burger. No ingredients added to the patty to make it extra-special, pretty standard toppings, in my book. So for me the choice was between Summer and 3/5. Tough choice. Very tough choice. In the end I went for Summer's burger, because of the slab of lettuce on 3/5's burger.

I suspect this is going to be a tough choice for many. Best wishes, Summer!

I read each competitor's entry again and let my taste buds in my eyes do my bidding. I went with WD for a couple reasons. While I LOVE crab and bass, to me this is not a burger (I know it won a non-burger category but hey, its my vote), Sum's looks SOOO yummy, but its beans and mushrooms. I am a traditionalist, so WD it is. That and the Hatch chiles and the fact that one of those pics has some bacon literally sticking its tongue out at me!!! Well done, all of you.

Well, I re-read each of the entries. This is pretty tough.

Before my comments, and with no offense intended to the folks who ran an awesome month-long contest, it just occurred to me that the beef burger has a slight advantage overall, and both that and the "other meat" burger have a massive advantage over the vegetarian burgers in the eyes/stomachs of most voters in the "best of" competition. It never occurred to me before, but it's a slight flaw as the veggie burger's not on a level playing field and has to work 50X harder to eek flavor out. Food for thought for future "4-week TDs" if we do another one like this. 10th year anniversary? :dance:

Now, having said that, that didn't happen here, with me. WD's didn't get my vote in the beef burger TD either, and not just because it lacked a certain type of grilled Ananas comosus flavored with an Asiatic marinade. :rofl:

The black bean mushie burger actually came in 2nd here for me over the beef, but really at this point we're splitting hairs. These are all awesome looking burgers.

So my vote went to the 3/5 Fresh King Crabass burger. I think it's an awesome burger with huge flavors (like, even before the LDHS). I'm just a sucker for fried crab 'cuz of my maryland roots and I love the addition of bass, as next to trout it's my favorite fish. I love the consistency of crabcakes and I'm reasonably certain his patty ate like a giant crabcake on a bun. A very shiny, greasy looking bun. Yum.

All 3 worthy competitors. Nicely done, all of you. :cheers:

I'm screwed.

maybe~~~~

... it just occurred to me that the beef burger has a slight advantage overall, and both that and the "other meat" burger have a massive advantage over the vegetarian burgers in the eyes/stomachs of most voters in the "best of" competition. It never occurred to me before, but it's a slight flaw as the veggie burger's not on a level playing field and has to work 50X harder to eek flavor out. Food for thought for future "4-week TDs" if we do another one like this. .....
.... Nicely done, all of you. :cheers:

Really? You think hummus might have to work a little harder to compete against Bacon on the "favorite flavor" survey? Smoked ribs will most likely kick steamed broccoli to the curb in any taste-testing competition, and we probably don't even need to talk about how many prefer a good jerked chicken to simmered tofu.

OK LDSH, I know I quoted you and am ribbing you a little. It's all good. But I also think that there is no comparison between a vegetarian burger and a meat burger. They will never taste the same. They may both taste AWESOME....in their own way....but they will never taste the same.

Good thing we had a non-meat burger challenge to give everyone a chance to shine. Meat or No Meat....

....it is time to vote...........

The veggie burger was far and away the hardest one to do.
And sums first pic is still my favorite one of the whole month.

The other burgers are awesome too.
Never tried freshwater bass. Wouldn't eat anything from the fresh water down here.
Most of our fishing waters are of the salted variety.
But it sure was a nice looking burger!
And the beef one looked good n sloppy. just how I like it!

But sum, screw you, you get my vote on this one.

Hope eating all those veggies for a change gave you explosive diarrhea.

Voted for the tangy, cheesy, hot, beany one. Good flavors.

Just about an hour folks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

For me it was an easy decision...

I love seafood, am from an area flush with lots of it. catch lots of it... Lets just say I love me some seafood. But not as a burger. PLUS most of the time when one gets crab from the store its artificial... I guess I didn't check to see if 3/5s was (probably wasn't in fact) but just the thought of artificial crab meat turns the stomach... So inferior to the real (and fresh) stuff. PLUS I've never eaten fresh water bass before... I prefer salt water fish in general... Personal bias perhaps, but I can only vote for one... I might actually try making this one time, but with fresh caught blue crab, and some mangrove snapper...

The second place choice for me was the bean burger... looked yummy. But when I think of burgers I don't think beans.

Finally first place was WrightDaddy with his smoked applewood bacon... That really put him over the top, in what would have otherwise been too close to call.

See y'all.

Not just me.

no no - they let you folks get married legally now these days too.
:rofl:

did your purse get in the way when you reached to click your votey button? :dance:

(all in fun, really...the beer made those cracks, I swear)

PLUS I've never eaten fresh water bass before...

I highly recommend it. It's one of the mildest, most delicious fish you can get. I prefer it as a filet, dry rubbed and blackened in an iron skillet cajun style. Amazingly tasty fish. I prefer it to seabass.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back