• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

contest VOTE! Cheesy Weekends I & II

Breakfast (includes breakfast sandwiches)

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Some good entries. 

Breakfast I had to go with SOS quiche even if i'm not sure I spelled it right. Looks fantastic and some solid ingredients. 

Sammy it was a toss up between mine and SOS again. The soup and sammy combo looked really good together and loved the look of his carmelized onions. Ultimately I went with my chicken meatball hoagie as I knew exactly what that tasted like and that it was a real winner. (don't worry scurvie I don't often vote for myself) I kind of cringe when I think of chicken anything but these had  loads of flavor and the cheese curds in the center and the hoagie rolls were perfect additions. 

Ozzys cheese fiesta... omfg just look at those cheese pulls and lovely cheesiness. I'd eat that until my stomach burst 

masher and 1010 where a hard choice. Both looked really good. 

Breakfast - Screw hollandaise gimme the queso! (unique!) Also, poached egg perfection, and hash, boom. Really, not much more to say here. #hashtag #hash #roux #paul

Sandwich - Believe it or not I've had a "French onion soup sandwich" before. I know what it tastes like and this one looks killer, with the soup, it's double cheesy and it's all about the cheese! (Love broc. cheese soup!) No brainer here.

Meal - The mac n cheese, 3 great cheeses and "mac" from scratch! hot stuff!!!!! I love a good mac n cheese and this one is perfection, creamy, gooey, and crusty! DO WANT!

Dessert - Cottage cheese pie. NEVER had it but I love cheesecake, and after seeing this pie, I really want to try it. Isn't that what TDs are all about?? Seeing food and wanting to try it? Yup.

Well done everyone!

I had to agree on the breakfast; Paul's was the one I wanted the most.

I really, really, really want Ashen's sandwich. It both looks and reads like it was killer.

Enchiladas are one of my favorite foods and HM01's had me drooling.

Dessert? I just had to vote for mine for Scovie's sake. ;) 

I deserve the tiara dammit.

My post seems a whole lot more dickish this morning. lol

I ❤️ Ozzy.

(Not in a gay way)

(not that there's anything wrong with that). :lol:

Christmas present to myself. I ordered it from Canada so it's dooty free.

IMG_0869.JPG

Quiche Richards was the one I wanted to facepalm the most in the breakfast entries.  Sandwich wise the pastrami on homemade bread with its perfect grill marks really spoke to me.  The meals were hardest to choose for me.  HM's enchiladas are right in my wheelhouse, as was Cheri's stuffed shells.  Hotstuff and that creole cheesy mac looked beautiful too.  Ozzy brought the big guns out though - that chicken relleno thing and subsequent shots got me.  Thought for sure I'd be going with 1010's canolli for dessert, but geeme won out for me with the recipe and presentation.

I really liked the double up split weekend deal for this year ending TD.  There wasn't a plate posted that I would not have been happy to tuck into.  Great work all!  :)

Meal is close! The rest too, anything can happen.

breakfast-   Paulky...fresh biscuit, lots of cheese ham and bacon awesome,,but the  runny egg picture is what stole my vote from dragonsfire's haddock awesomeness. 

Sandwich-Paulky again.. I didn't need a detailed write up to know exactly how that would taste.  The fresh peppers in that  cheese sauce got me.  I had fully intended to vote for my own ,before I did a head to head comparison of the entries, it was a perfect combo of flavours for my taste.  

Meal..  that one just came down to me craving the crispy fried cheese on Hybrids enchiladas.  The most competitive category by far.  I am sure the overall winner will come from here  unless Tenten's Cannoli can overcome the pull of  gooey cheese. 

Dessert.-  awesome stuff again. I have had cottage cheese pie,and  that looked like an excellent version but come on? What Italian chilehead would pass up a chance at those Cannoli?     Glad there was two on the plate, wouldn't want to irritate the boss using the word Cannolo  .   :P

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back