contest VOTE! Mac N Cheese Throwdown Official Thread

Who has the best Mac N Cheese?

• SumOfMyBits' Mackin' Peeza

Votes: 1 3.1%
  • QuadShotz's 3-Cheese Mac with Salmon, Roasted Garlic, and Mushrooms... and a Dorset Naga

Votes: 7 21.9%
  • frydad4's Mac In Choke

Votes: 3 9.4%
  • texas blues' Golden King Crab Mac & Cheese

• SumOfMyBits' Calzonis Macaronis

Votes: 2 6.3%
  • QuadShotz's Drunken Buffalo Mac Attack

• JayT's Lobster Mac-n-Cheese

• Noshownate's Fiery Chicken Mac N Cheese

• 5oclocksomewhere's Cheesy Mac N Peppers

• FiveStar's Mac'apeno

• texas blues' Triple Mushroom Head Mac & Cheese

Votes: 7 21.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
While the pasta and sauce were doin' their 'thang, I shelled the crab...

Just look at those hunks of sweet crab meat!

IMG_1355.jpg

After the saute and roux complete I added the cream, simmered and then the cheeses. Then came the penne, a light toss and then the crab...

IMG_1357.jpg

Haysoose Christo in a corn dog ya'll....this is truly cheesey and succulent goodness! Plenty of heat too but not overpowering. I taste everything in this mac. It is fo' sho' hot blue and righteous ya'll!

IMG_1359.jpg

Thanks ya'll, more mayhem in the Blues Kitchen tonight!

Salute', TB.

As a two throwdown veteran... call me old-fashion but I believe in only one teaser ingredient pic and the final post with four. Here's the teaser for some upcoming small tubular action:

P1030380.jpg

Le' da shoosting begin!

I reckoned as much but didn't want to make a stupid comment without knowing the facts. Wait a minute....if I were a woman that would be a WIN!

Salute', TB.

Wow, I've seen artichoke as an ingredient in Mac before, but never Mac *IN* an artichoke...yikes! Pretty trippy going's on FD!

Dang, thats a bloody good looking spicy crab Mac TB. Just a beauty! I love those firey 'lil Pequin chiles too!

QuadShotz said:
Wow, I've seen artichoke as an ingredient in Mac before, but never Mac *IN* an artichoke...yikes! Pretty trippy going's on FD!

Dang, thats a bloody good looking spicy crab Mac TB. Just a beauty! I love those firey 'lil Pequin chiles too!

Thanks Quady. i had some leftover and heated it up for brekky. The stuff was inspired by no less than mrs. blues. A while back I made lasagna with a garlic cream sauce, mozz and king crab. mrs. blues said it was one of the best 'thangs she has ever eaten. She had a bite of it this morning although it lit her up. She liked it so much, we went and got more crab so I can do up a small batch for her tonight, sans the spiceenesxt!

I have one more coming tonight. After FD4's arty foo foo mac, I'm bringing the foo foo and packin' heavy. Might even decide to put on a french skirt and clogs and act all uppity.

Salute', TB.

I am just speechless!!! Everything looks fab, and I'm just sad that I can't get in on the fun. I wish everyone luck and i would eat any one of these entrees, they all made me drool

I was thinking of a Mac N Cheese dessert but I can't do it today. Like a noodle pudding with mascarpone cheese, white chocolate shavings, and cinnamon. Damn!

These all look good! Great originality on the stuffed artichoke!

thehotpepper.com said:
I was thinking of a Mac N Cheese dessert but I can't do it today. Like a noodle pudding with mascarpone cheese, white chocolate shavings, and cinnamon. Damn!

Tigers love pepper... they don't like cinnamon.

FD - nice reel an' come agin' selecta... foo foo.

Calzonis macaronis

Here we go...

Ingreeds:
mac'n'mozzarela/colby/jack
sliced tomato
clove of garlic
fresh basil
fresh pizza dough...

a bunch of other shtuff

meltisis fo'rizzis
P1030385.jpg

calzonis wholeronis
P1030393.jpg

moneyis the shotis
P1030396.jpg

Enlargis da'framis
P1030409.jpg

No foo foo here is.

imaguitargod said:
Frydad wins it just for the use of a twisty straw. :lol:
Old pic alert! That was from another Throwdown. No old pics please.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back