• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

contest VOTE! Pizza Rustica Throwdown

Best pizza?

• keybrdkid09 - [url="http://thehotpepper.com/topic/34343-begin-pizza-rustica-throwdown/page__st_

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ColoradoRonin - [url="http://thehotpepper.com/topic/34343-begin-pizza-rustica-throwdown/page__s

• salsalady - [url="http://thehotpepper.com/topic/34343-begin-pizza-rustica-throwdown/page__st__1

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Forgot about Gumby's ... and this made me think of Leonardo's now since we're talking pizza ...

Alan Quarters ...

You just missed when Krystal was across from campus near the porpoise ... but there was still Krystal on the way down 75 towards Ocala ...

I ate 86 wings once during a Magic/Bulls semi-finals game in Gville ... that didn't end well.

Lots of good times in Gainesville. I can't remember the name of the pizza place w/ the AYCE across from the Outback, though it was an institution ...

My vote goes to hh.. I didn't get to taste it though..so he's fired for that one.. But I know my brother and if he impressed Jerimiah and all our fellow NW pepper lovers I'm sure he'd impress me with his fully outdoor made pizza...but next time save a slice for your sister..for real!

Hmmm. South orange...
Columbia high...
Memories...
Fo sure no white castles involved...

Damn crazy selection of pizzas to choose from...
I gotta give up my vote to jay t.
I prefer a simple pie, but can't pass on the steak.

Gotta give big props to HH81. I know how hard it is to cook in the middle of nowhere. And he busted out a respectable pizza under some extreme circumstances....

over an open fire, in the dark, with flashlights, and drunk people doing drunk things. RESPECT

My credentials with PoL...

IMG_5193.jpg

WOW! All these pizzas are ridiculous! Awesome job EVERYONE!

These past couple months a lot of stuff happened in my life, as I'm sure a few of you have noticed. When everything started going south for me I wasn't even going to go to the NWCF, let alone enter into this awesome throw down. Big thanks to SD, CJ, and SL for convincing me otherwise.
Anyways, between he folks I met and the awesome experiences I had at the chilefest has really livened me up. The throw down was definitely a bonus. If you all could have been there.
It started with just SD and CJ, next thing I knew the entire NWCF crew was pulled in one campsite watching the magic. It was kinda surreal! But the support from everyone there was unbelievable.
Win or lose it was an experience that will last forever. Thanks to everyone there.

As far as who I'm picking, I'm going to stew on it a bit. I'm loving the color and gooeyness of geme, but I love steak also. The thought of maple and blue cheese is pretty intriguing.
I'll sleep on it for now, good luck to all entries.

SUM! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH :lol:

Thanks for vote, it was fairly challenging in the dark but I maintained a flow. I had a list in my head as to what to do when to do it and how to do it. Surprisingly no set backs :)

HH81, schtuff happens. You're back and kickin' it~

Thanks, Boss, for the extra time and consideration for this TD. We truly appreciate your accomodations!

[sub]pepperpeoplerock![/sub]

Ahem, no par-baked crusts is in the rules. :)

But it was funny.

*I didn't...it went straight from plastic...to the grill...lol

I'm kdding, of course...it would have been funny though, for someone who hadn't followed the "begin" thread, to click on that, and say, WTF?!?!?!

I did want to enter...but I was running in on crunch time to finish a final report for my masters chemistry class. I had to milk every spare minute out of my weekend...but I'll be back, lol.

I went with TB's Texican pizza...there were so many awesome ones...very creative! But I realized after I read his for the 3rd time, and found myself daydreaming abut when I was gonna make that one for myself...it must be the right one!

I just want to say what a great job I think EVERYONE did - narrowing down my choices has been TOUGH!

Key gets a big kudos from me - even though you didn't have to improvise, you did, and it's good to see the spirit you've got there. That peach cobbler pizza looks particularly amazing, though I'm not a fan of thick crusts I'd still scarf it if it was laid in front of me. Keep entering!

FD - You KNOW I loved your improv, too - COOL that it worked!

And THANK YOU to everyone who has voted for my pizza - I am honored!

This was so hard to vote for! So many great entries. I'm not a big fan of heavy sauces and shit tons of cheese on pizza. I like 'em simple and minimalist.

Booma got my vote with his pear, walnut and blue cheese pizza. Great looking crust, nice flavours. Good job mate :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back