• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

contest VOTE! Where's The's Smoke, There's Tapas... Throwdown

Who made the best?

• keybrdkid - [url="http://thehotpepper.com/topic/47949-begin-where-theres-smoke-theres-tapas-thr

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • cypresshill1973 - [url="http://thehotpepper.com/topic/47949-begin-where-theres-smoke-theres-tap

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Congratulations to all participants. In particular Joyners who was directed my vote. Consider is who else has taken care in the presentation.

TB also took my observation, but I do not consider a true "tapas". I would have liked to try one of your snacks, do not deny it. (they looked amazing)

Unfortunately, my times were not commensurate to present something more worthy. I've raced against the clock and have come almost time to participate, without chances of doing better presentation.

Anyway I really enjoyed participating in this TD

cypresshill1973 said:
Unfortunately, my times were not commensurate to present something more worthy. I've raced against the clock and have come almost time to participate, without chances of doing better presentation. Anyway I really enjoyed participating in this TD

Glad you enjoyed it! 

Many of us can attest that the key is perseverance (only a very few have won a crown on their first TD!) Take each one as a learning experience, and just have fun with them.

First lesson to learn: if any doubt exists, add bacon and schmelty cheese!  :lol:

geeme said:

Many of us can attest that the key is perseverance (only a very few have won a crown on their first TD!) Take each one as a learning experience, and just have fun with them.

First lesson to learn: if any doubt exists, add bacon and schmelty cheese!  :lol:

And some of us have even won some we didn't feel like we deserved! ME!!!! But the people voted. Let the cards fall where they will. They're just fun to participate in, and there's so much to be learned. Always enter if you feel you can work with it... even if you don't think your effort will be up to snuff. The voters may surprise you.
I never feel like I belong in the same class with these fabulous creations.

Most have entered many TDs before getting some bling.  I think the record is 23 TD entries before their first win.  And now, that person is 5+ !

cypresshill, you did great!, and seacowboy....you had challenges on top of challenges. Photo and posting issues aside, a very worthy entry!
Buzz did it up right, Fiddy interpreted the rules like I did, Keybrdkid brought it big time with smoked eggs (WOW!), Booma pulled an all nighter and Joyners knocks it outa the park.   TB?  What can I say....TB did what TB does! 

Still haven't voted after the first re-wine and first review of all the entries.   

Thanks for the Votes!  We had leftovers for dinner and it was better....the spiceyness had gotten all up into everything~  Mmmmmm.

Great Job to all who entered, just catching up on all the entries, wish I had time over the weekend to join in the fun. Choosing just one is very tough for me, so many good entries I want to eat them all. I have narrowed it down to 3, frydad, SL, and Joyners.  Those ones I just cant stop staring at :shocked:. Joyners your surf and turf and burnt ends has got me drooling. SL spent alot of time with that salmon and the end results were amazing and would pair perfectly with that tasty looking pasta dish....nicely done. Frydad, the ultimate sampler platter and the picture of your ribs is jumping out at me, cooked perfectly, crispy exterior, juicy, meaty center. Well done man! I think I'm seriously gonna have to draw straws.

Once again good job to all who entered.   

SL rocked it.

JHP socked it.

But Fitty nailed it shut.

I love steelhead and I love brisket but Fitty's shit spoke to me.

Empy's, tostosterone's and talking balls of pork joy.

That's just how it went down.

Close race, keep voting!

VOTE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1:40 LEFT!

JHP played it smart. He did a foo foo plating, a Mexican plating, and some straight up BBQ. Strategy. Usually people can discount something they don't like... but can't deny something they love.

Add killer photog skills...

Success.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back