W00t got a Stone Ruination IPA mug !

Every wednesday night at the Flying Saucer(AWESOME bar, 100+ beers on tap and more in bottles), they have glass night. This week it was a Stone Ruination IPA mug. And it was awesome. I hadn't ever had Ruination IPA before, and I must say that it is an outstanding IPA. The head was so thick and creamy i could have stood on it. And the lacing was beautiful, and literally coated the inside of the glass. Super hoppy, nice and bitter but more of the floral tones from the hops present in the nose & palate than most IPAs. :shocked:

The mug says "A liquid poem to the glory of the hop!" on the front:
2966373531_76349feeb5_o.jpg

imaguitargod said:
GREAT glass!! Ruination is an amazing IPA!!! I also like the peace sign they have on the wall...my kind of bar.

Lol, this is actually taken at Which Wich, a sandwich shop right across the parking lot from flying saucer. After that much awesome beer I had to have something to eat before attempting the drive home. :shocked:

Sickmont said:
Did you buy it or was it a prize of some sort?

Every Wednesday night at the Flying Saucer, they have glass night which means they sell you a glass + beer & you keep the glass.

Last week was Stone Smoked Porter, next week its an Election Glass night, meaning they're having a running tally of who buys which candidates glass and posting the results. This is Austin, TX, so its like 8:1 Obama vs McCain. Austin isn't like the rest of this conservative ass state we call TX even though it does house the capital. IGG, you'd fit right in here, its nothing but hippies and liberals and hot college girls.

Link to Austin Flying Saucer calendar
Link to aweeeeeeeeeeeessssssssommmmmmmeeeee beer list

Txclosetgrower said:
Austin isn't like the rest of this conservative ass state we call TX even though it does house the capital. IGG, you'd fit right in here, its nothing but hippies and liberals and hot college girls.

Hmmm.....no wonder my buddy who lives in Mexia says i'd LOVE it there....it sounds wonderful.

Nice glass....I went to the Firestone Walker brewery/restaurant last week with my fiance and got 2 free FW pint glasses with our beer samplers...that was so cool! $6 got you a beer sampler and the lady walked out with wrapped pint glasses for us to take home!...Nice!

About Stone Brewing, I have always loved their stuff, especially Ruination IPA...I am going to take a drive down the coast one of these days and check out brewery....

Back