• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

WalkGood 2013, 2014 and Beyond

This is my first Glog so excuse what ever mess I may create, lol. Took way to many pictures today (31), so Ill post the first 9 and add more in subsiquent posts but didn't think it a good idea to start out doube or triple posting just for additional pics. I will also be updating the thread over time to show growth, pods and such ... but the first few pics of are of the young ones. While Ive been growing my favorite peppers for around 17 years (guess, lol), I always limited myself to 3 varieties or less. Jamaican peppers/Hab, Jalapeño and Cayenne. When things got too tuff Id milk them till they died off and stop growing for a while and start fresh. Most years I only grew the Jamaicans which are my favorite for cooking, home made sauce and the occasional powder to rub meats with or put into certain recipes.

Current inventory:
  • 5 Jalapeño
  • 1 Cayenne
  • 1 Serrano
  • 7 Datil
  • 15 Jamaican Habs (3 large around 3 years old and 12 less than year old)
  • 12 more to be determined
The young ones below are not that old with the oldest being the JA Habs which are around 3 years old now. I happen to find THP site while looking for advice/knowledge to cure one of my Jalapeños, thanks for all the good info guys/girls! In 2012 I added Datil, Thai hot, Cayenne, Jalapeño and Serrano to the mix, totaling around 41 plants now. Hats off \o_ to those of you who grow many more, dont know how you find the time and patients when things go off. That said, Ive done my fair share of battling aphids, nematodes, snails and white fly to no end over the last 3 years. Fortunately I believe to have things under control for now so Ive decided to add 12 new peppers to the mix from the listed seeds shown below.

Ill select 12 to start near end of December or first week in January from the seeds below and give credit once I get some new ones going :)

av1pxs.jpg

Need to start clearing our yard to grow more & more & more peppers ;) (*WG rollseyes*)
2ypb3mx.jpg

Top left to right: two Thai Hot and one Cayenne. Bottom row all Datil. BTW I don't grow everything in clay pots, just happen to get a good deal on a bunch in yard sale for a few bucks.
23i8d1v.jpg

Huge live Oak in background, there's 5 of them in front yard so the shades hard to avoid in first few hours of sun rise.
25fst9v.jpg

8 Jamaican Habs in ground and cherry tomatoe in the pot, I need to find a good place to plant the tomatoe soon.
2aikob7.jpg

Top left Serrano and more Datil, I'm probably going to gift a few Datils for xmass and some of the other peppers
2ci77yf.jpg

Serrano's first fower
ogc60z.jpg

Serrano's different angle
24ln0yc.jpg

Edit: final list copied to first post from post #40. These seeds were soaked in water on 12/31/12 and planted 1/1/13 \o/

Edit: This list is constantly being updated as new hooks pop. Even though I lost #5 :/ I will not give up as there are 2 other seeds in dat egg mon ....

28i2h78.jpg

A few links to some of my better posts ;)Did you say powder?Did you say MoA?Black light night shots & horn wormsReviews and taste impressions in no order

stc3248 said:
Man that looks delicious!
 ¡Gracias brethren!

DocNrock said:
Great looking chow, Ramon!  Now I'm even more hungry!  ;)

Looks quite prolific in Florida.  Pods a ripening.

Those hornworms are the devil!  I've had a number of leaves with those semicircular cuts in them, but damn if I have been able to find any hornworms.  I have killed about four Sphinx Moths this season, though.  So hopefully I nipped that one in the bud.
Thanks Brent, it’s not yet as prolific as it will be when some of the baby pods on the new plants get big enough to ripen. Soon come MoA, Chocolate Scorp and Trinidad Scorp. The White Bhut while currently flowering has not set any pods yet but hopefully soon come as well, hehe. BTW if you do find what make dem chops on our leaves please let me know, I killed a cricket and I have far less chomps but they’re hard to see at night, brown in color and I’m not sure it’s totally responsible. Yep dem Sphinx moths suck, great job on nailing a few ^_^

meatfreak said:
Looks like a good meal to start the day with! Your Jamaican Habs are huge :)
Thank you, it was tasty … Only 2 of my JA Hab plants put out the big ones, the rest are average to small size. Once I pick them, I’ll try to take a picture next to a golf ball to provide prospective. Thanks for stopping by & commenting ^_^

Devv said:
Well done! Foodie looks great, you sure take the boring out of breakfast!
Thanks Scott, you should give Gallo Pinto a try, it’s real tasty. Nothings written in stone about this dish and depending on what leftovers you find it can vary every time you make it ^_^

Check out the Trinidad Scorpion in the first two pics, this is what I call "Node Ballistic," there’s 11 flower buds :0
2556ekl.jpg

Of the 11 two flowers have opened but I don’t expect all 11 to set, just too many in a small place.
2vmbip5.jpg

The rest of the pictures are Jamaican MoA Scotch Bonnet pod development, while there’s more on the bushes I only shot a few of the larger ones. Can’t wait to eat dem ^_^
oir6a.jpg

2rhr9mu.jpg

25ftun5.jpg

nqcplk.jpg

1ymgxg.jpg

309piea.jpg

As always, thanks for popping by and commenting :)

sicman said:
guess im a sissy,cause sicman aint holding no cocoons  maybe stomping on them.  desert chris you are a real man ;)  :rofl:

jamican habs looking yummy!
LOL, Cocoons aren't bad...the worms are creepier!

You'll have to remind me over in my glog to tell you about the 10 times I have used a sewing needle, rubbing alcohol and flyfishing leader line, to suture myself up after getting various lacerations, and it was inconvienient to go to a hospital ;)

WalkGood said:
lol

Congrats on da 5 girls popping, oh don't let your wife read that last line ;) I hope they like dat sun too cause if you get to eat a few I’m betting you’ll love the taste … or I hope you do, hehehe.

I’m giving it a try thanks to you, it’s super hard to freeze something that taste so good fresh and within my foods I probably eat two a day. My yields aren’t that high, a pound or two at most, so in the past I never stockpiled. Once I get enough I’ll try to document the use. Last time I had a large quantity I made 2 bottles of hot sauce and thank God it’s lasted but I’m now running out.

Woke up early & hungry, after looking in da fridge I decided to make up a quick Gallo Pinto & Café con leche. I used JA Hab pepper, 5 Everglades Wild Matoes and I think the rest is self explanatory but any questions please feel free to ask.

10fnuhc.jpg

21d2ye.jpg

35ml7ya.jpg

2wmju6a.jpg

2zthvg2.jpg

Thanks for stopping in and checking Trippa :)
Dang, we just ate, and your foodie pics made me hungry again...lol

Okay, Ramon, mi hermano. How did Steve rank these. 5-6 petals and nodes per bonnet is class A or something? Senior moments are PIA. lol. Gorgeous . . . be hard to keep me off 'em green! But that breakfast would do it! :dance: Amazing grower, generous man, fantastic chef, and the Ramonitos are in dirt. Okay, one's a girl, or two, or all, as you wish . . . but they in a race with Jamie's 7 Pod Brown x Naga. Thank you!!! Man, those MoA's look soooooooooo good. Mmm. ALL looks good, as usual, and the gazillion nodes? Flowers?!!! I'm with Shane: white flag :party: ;)

Man, I love the pics of the 11 pods-to-be on the one plant. You are getting crazy production. It definitely looking like everything is kicking in and putting out pods.

@DocNrock - Brent you know as well as I that 7, 8 or more would be divine intervention ;) But as you say we can only hope, hehe … thanks for positive vibe ^_^

@Spicegeist - Hopefully to soon be jumbo \o/ … thanks for checking Charles ^_^

@StupidJerk - Carson, I agree that it’s not normal … must have OD on seaweed tea, hehe. This last batch came out super strong and better than all the others. That said, I doubt they will all set, there just isn’t enough room there. Thanks for popping in ^_^

@PeriPeri - Thanks Lourens, your no slouch either, your pics have kept me going mon ^_^

@DesertChris" - Thanks for foodie comment Chris and feel free to tell war stories here if you want, we all enjoy dem ^_^

@stickman - Thanks Rick, you should try the Gallo Pinto one day I’m confident you would enjoy it and with your mad skills it would certainly be a hit at tu casa ^_^

@Trippa - Trippa, that would blow my mind as well but as I said before, I just don’t think there is enough space there. From what I’ve been seeing on other scorps I’ve got going about half or mas fall off if they're on the same node and the strong survive. Thanks for looking ^_^

@stc3248 - Thanks Shane, you know you’ll have seed when you need and lol at “white flag.” I enjoy watching your killa kick azz grow with awesome pods ^_^

@GA Growhead - Thanks for checking & comments Jason ^_^

@annie57 - Thanks Annie, I’m looking forward to watching your jungle grow and I have no doubt that you’ll be swimming in pods soon. AFAIK Steve’s ranking is based on the perfect shaped pod. For example: the chili’s upper portion should be rounded apex that resembles a bonnet or cap. The lower end should have four or five rounded lobes that fold into a crimped buttock. I believe the four lobbed ones would be “A class,” five lobe ones would be “B class,” and possibly no bonnet would be “C class” and so on … But to make sure you should ask him the class parameters he is using, I'll be too busy eatting them to classify dem ;) Thanks for checking muchacha ^_^

@Devv - Thanks Scott as always mon and I'm enjoying your glog too, it's da-kine mon ^_^

@Stefan_W - Thanks Stefan and to paraphrase Trippa above that would be a miracle but a welcome one for sure ^_^ I hope your plants are making a comeback :)

@meatfreak - Thanks Stefan but only time will tell if the shape turns out perfect, it would be nice to have a bunch that resemble the perfect shaped Scotch Bonnet but for me it's all about taste first and looks second. Thanks for stopping in ^_^

Small harvest I picked late today: a few Jamaican Habs, Jalapeños and one Cayenne pepper.

fa4ncp.jpg

2zibg5i.jpg

241l5hi.jpg

2wn1tol.jpg

2l17cw.jpg

17e0ye.jpg

5cyn44.jpg

As always, thanks all for stopping by, reading, checking pics and comments. I will try to hit everyone's glog soon, thanks again ^_^

stc3248 said:
Great little bowl/plate/handful of awesomeness! Damn them are some nice size Habs!
Thanks Shane and hot as the devil too \o/

stickman said:
I'll second that emotion! A good handful of pods like that would last me a week.
24 hours and we’re down to 2 can you send a brethren mas ;)

I find the Jamaican Habs hotter than their American brethren and super tasty! Here’s the inside of one I cut up for lunch today:
2zgrbrr.jpg

Pepper turns any meal into a tantalizing delicacy, even this ordinary ham & cheese with fresh pepper sliced onto it ~_^
2yor1tz.jpg

Back