• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

indoor wanting to grow "carolina reapers" indoors

I have 18 reapers waiting for true first set of leaves to appear. Got the seeds from Ed. Have 21 TMS and 5 Ghost from Chile Pepper Institute that are doing great by the way. Some 7 pots and TMS seeds germinated going to plant today from Duffy at Refining Fire Chiles. Like others have said your taking a chance on ebay or amazon. I like to buy from or trade with people who are as passionate as me about peppers.

degenerate said:
I'm growing 2 reaper plants right now. My habaneros took off, but the reapers just don't seem to want to pod up for me! I will continue to wait patiently, though!

I would definitely give it a go. It's lots of fun, just expect everything to take longer than you thought
how are you growing them ?

degenerate said:
I'm growing 2 reaper plants right now. My habaneros took off, but the reapers just don't seem to want to pod up for me! I will continue to wait patiently, though!

I would definitely give it a go. It's lots of fun, just expect everything to take longer than you thought :P
If reapers are like other scorpions, in my experience they seem to be slow starters.  I grew five plants, got a few peppers off them the first season, then overwintered and got about 5 times as many peppers the second season.  Don't know if that's the norm, but that was my observation.  In the exact same environment my chilis, jalapenos, and habaneros took right off and produced well from the start.

VR,
Harold

Where are you at in Alaska?  I grew a few types of peppers with mediocre success without $$ lighting in Alaska for a few years.   

Your going to need good lights.. I have 2 plants that have been under a 400 watt hid since May of last year and haven't gotten a pod yet. I'm guessing I'm not getting enough lumens to get pods from them indoors but it will warm up soon.

Do your research well on the Reaper "Hybrid" peppers
Youll find plenty of sources for legit Reaper seeds without the experience(s)
of dealing with Ed as he ego trips his peppers around the world.

I was warned,did it anyway(11 seeds @$6.00)
"I told you so" didnt sting to bad :rolleyes:
Ive since aquired over 200 Reaper seeds from different sources for the cost of a SASE ea.
If they all grow true Ill share the love in the same respects

Back