• This is the place to discuss all spicy commerical products, not just sauce!

Wanzas icked Temptation? 2 million SCHU for $9??? How??

Has anyone tried this stuff? On sweatnspice.com it lists this stuff as 2 million SCHU and the bottle only costs $9. Sounds fishy to me. Everything else 1.5 million and over is $30 up to a few hundred. Any opinions?

Nevermind, I see that CaJohns makes this and they are 10 minutes from where I live live...Go figure. Anyway, this isn't their hottest sauce. Black mamba is. Hmmm....

The folks at Cajohn's are 1st class! If you're close to their kitchen, I would highly recommend that you pay them a visit. It would be the perfect opp for you to get an up close and personal education on hot sauces and extracts. :rolleyes: You may want to call first if you plan on going within the next couple of weeks. Some of the crew will be away at various trade shows..

It contains a 2 million SHU extract...as an ingredient. The sauce itself would not test that high...that's just the heat level of the extract added to it.

shawntmartin said:
Has anyone tried this stuff? On sweatnspice.com it lists this stuff as 2 million SCHU and the bottle only costs $9. Sounds fishy to me. Everything else 1.5 million and over is $30 up to a few hundred. Any opinions?
============================
Not necessarily.

The Pepper Palace in Gatlinburg, TN makes a sauce called "The World's Hottest Sauce" that was measured at well over 1 million SHU by a lab at UT. I believe it lists for 9.99. Good stuff, too....for a non-creator extract sauce...:rolleyes:

Sickmont said:
Indeed, very "synthetic" sounding.

Yup. I prefer 'au natural'. Hey, wait, maybe a Creator Calendar! Various poses in just goggles, respirator and heavy rubber gloves, posing in various Superfunds sites.

DEFCON Creator said:
Yup. I prefer 'au natural'. Hey, wait, maybe a Creator Calendar! Various poses in just goggles, respirator and heavy rubber gloves, posing in various Superfunds sites.

:shocked:
9.gif
13.gif

shawntmartin said:

I tried this yesterday. It is hot and doesnt have that bad of an extract taste considering its heat. However the extracts used are 2 mill and mixed in with Red Savina Habs. I personally know that this sauce is not as hot as Jersey Death which is slightly over 1 MIll SU.

However, this sauce may be as hot as Blair's Megadeath and is clearly better tasting, at least to me it is..

I ended up buying Black Mamba because I have to get ready for Defcon this weekend and I figure I can work out with some wings before going to this..

Back