• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Warning: From the National Weather Service... FROST ADVISORY

Well, got my first frost advisory. The forecast low for tonight is 39° F / 4° C. Guess that's it, now I have to get serious about selecting my overwinters.

Indy metro 36F and rural areas 32F. Record highs in March, June, and July, now below average in Sept. What next?

Same here... we only have one night were the temps are gonna get close to frost for the next few days and hoping that my plants make it through.
Guess It's time to start planning on next years plants.

Indy metro 36F and rural areas 32F. Record highs in March, June, and July, now below average in Sept. What next?

Yeah, I haven't been following any predictions, but things are so crazy I wouldn't be surprised if we were walloped with a very cold winter...

Yeah, I haven't been following any predictions, but things are so crazy I wouldn't be surprised if we were walloped with a very cold winter...
I heard a preliminary prediction and we may end up with another mild winter. Lets hope not another March like last. A lot of perennials got burned.

reading this makes me glad to live where i do. 72 is the low down here.
Makes me wish I was down with you till I recall hurricanes.

Honestly, I would like a good deep freeze this year. Even though I put my plants out in the ground two weeks earlier than 2011, they ended up producing a lot less because of disease and pests that also enjoyed the mild weather.

Jeez.it's getting cool here too.
Only 98 today.
Got down to a chilly mid 70's last night. BRRRrrrrr.
reading this makes me glad to live where i do. 72 is the low down here.

A good cold winter is good for the soul.

Honestly, I would like a good deep freeze this year. Even though I put my plants out in the ground two weeks earlier than 2011, they ended up producing a lot less because of disease and pests that also enjoyed the mild weather.

A good cold winter is good for the soul.
And kills off bugs. W Nile has been bad also.

I have had my plants in the garage last 5 days g/f isn't happy about that at all, looks like tomorrow just b4 noon they can come out if the 10 day weather forecast is right (usually changes for the worst seems like) otherwise i might be sleeping in the garage.

Had a lite surprise frost last night. Plants took most of the day to recover. Unfortunately, I'm in the midst of a move. With the advisory, I brought them inside, but at the old house. I can't reliably get them in and out to extend the season. Next time I see my babies, it'll be time for final harvest and overwinter prep. I just hope they survive til spring.

Yup, it's that time of year here too... We had frost in the higher elevations 2 weeks ago. Out on the coast they get another 4 weeks, but we're pretty much done here.

We had a very light frost but it only got down to 38F officially. Plants survived except some new top leaves and they're predicting it won't get below 50F for a couple weeks and won't frost again for at least a month. Now I wait to see how much this stunted the plants... nobody told them about winter and they're all popping with new pods.

As a former midwesterner, I feel your pain.

I'm still having to deal with flower drop from excessive heat here. Supposed to be a high of 106 on Monday. Damn San Fernando Valley.

As a former midwesterner, I feel your pain.

I'm still having to deal with flower drop from excessive heat here. Supposed to be a high of 106 on Monday. Damn San Fernando Valley.
Yup, same here. I'm about 15 miles away in San Gabriel Valley.
Hiiting high 90's / low 100,s Sunday / Monday. Its about 85 right now at 10:30 Saturday Morning.
Still flower dropping weather here and then 3 weeks from now it'll be 40's.

What a year.... And btw, even if he's right, I still think Al Gore is a blithering idiot... just saying.

lol

Back