• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Warped Leaves on Caribbean Red Pepper?

My Caribbean Red Peppers are outside in a huge pot with my tomato plant and a small Bhut Jolokia plant as well. Why is my Caribbean Red the only plant I have with super wavy odd looking leaves?

my Caribbean red habanero's are doing the same thing. has since day one, but most of the leaves are fine now. not sure what cause's this, or if its a natural trait of the plant

my Caribbean Reds are by far the worst plants I'm growing this year. 2 of the 4 have died and 2 runts are hanging on for dear life. When I got them they were 4 inches 2 months ago and now they are 5 inches tops. All my big leaves have fallen off them and there are a few smaller leaves and a little new growth starting. I had to take them out of the direct sun to try and save my last 2 CR's. 

magicpepper said:
my Caribbean red habanero's are doing the same thing. has since day one, but most of the leaves are fine now. not sure what cause's this, or if its a natural trait of the plant

Weird. Hopefully that's what this is, not a deficiency or pest of some sort. This is my first year growing peppers and I'm really getting into it.

CR's have become  my  "go to" pepper.
For what ever reason, all I have to do is plant them, fert once a week then watch them grow like weeds and crank out the pods.

They ferment easily, and make a puree and powder that is almost exactly the heat level i like for everyday uses.

And I have noticed that the edges of the leaves appear more "scalloped" or "wavy" than some of the others varieties, I commonly grow (ghost, habanero, aji limon, lemon drop, 7 pot)
CM

Might be getting too much water but often leaves in that condition (which isn't too bad) will correct themselves as they get larger.

Back