• Please post pictures and as much information as possible.

Was labeled pinocchio's nose but looks like Jalapeno?

This plant came from a seed company claiming it was pinocchio's nose pepper. All other came true without this one plant.

Sure looks like a Jalapeno but I've never seen those brown walls inside a Jalapeno before. The heat was a real surprise too, gave me stomach pain.

Felt more spicy than many of my supposedly hotter varieties. Maybe my stomach was too empty, I dunno just felt surprised haha

unfgtitled.jpg

untfdgfitled.jpg

Shame you picked it green... Alot of people really prize the hotter jalapeno seeds.

It is probably a hybrid of some sort if the rest of the seeds from the same baggie grew true...

where did the seeds come from?

I can see what looks like beads of oil. :cool:

I'm guessing that's what the brown would be?

Sure is beads of oil ;)

Seen this brown walls before at a couple of my Jalapeno's. Seeing the corking on it it wouldn't take that long on the plant anymore to have ripen off I guess.

Maybe it's much more common than I thought, I've just never noticed it before but I don't have a lot of experience!

Shame you picked it green... Alot of people really prize the hotter jalapeno seeds.

It is probably a hybrid of some sort if the rest of the seeds from the same baggie grew true...

where did the seeds come from?

The seeds came from Trade Winds Fruit Store.

I reckon the seeds should be viable? It sure was close to ripening. The plant has 50+ pods on it, will wait for them to ripen and see if their the same :party:

Back